Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Schnees Boots - GREAT customer experience!

MNElkNut

There are always threads on hunting forums about which pair of hunting boots should someone buy. I would like to share my experience with Schnees out of Bozeman, MT. I bought a pair of their Beartooths about 6-8 years ago. Simply put, I love them. Put them on and you will immediately realize they are in a different league than most of the boots out there. They still look and feel awesome even after 4 elk hunts and countless pheasant and duck hunts. But, as many would expect, they are no longer waterproof. I called Schnees, told them I had a pair that was 6-8 years old, and was thinking about buying a new pair. I asked them how long could I reasonably expect them to be waterproof. I expected them to say 1 year.

Instead, she said, well if they aren't waterproof, send them back and we will replace them! I smiled and then reminded her that mine were over 6 years old. She said, yes, I know.

I said, I have used them for the last 6+ years and they are in good shape, but they have been used. She said, yes, I know. Send them back.

Again, for the 3rd time, I said my boots are over 6 years old! And she very happily said, Yes, I know that, but send them back, we want you to be happy.

Last week, I got a new pair of boots boots in the mail. And not only that, I got my old pair of boots back too which I will use for going to church and.....well maybe just hunting when it is dry.

So many times these days, companies don't stand behind their product. I thought it would be nice to hear a story of superior customer service from a company who stands behind their product. If you are looking for a pair of boots, give them a long look!

That's great to hear. I've been a very dedicated Lowa fan for over 10 years, but I think my next pair might be Schnee's. I've worn their pac boots for many years, and they do make a great product.

Agreed. I purchased mine in Bozeman in 1992. I wear them all year round - archery season too. I have thousands of miles on these boots. They have been rebuilt so manys times the last round they told me the leather was to far gone. I would hope so! 24 YEARS out of the same boot?? Unbelievable. Oh if those boots could talk.

I plan on replacing them this year and the old ones will be buried with me when my time comes.

The single most versitile boot on planet earth.

Schnee's are far and away the best money I've spent on hunting gear.

Last edited:
The first gift Hunting Husband ever gave me was a pair of Schnee's insulated pacs. I just had them resoled for the first time after 12 years, and they have been used a lot in that time for both work and play. Easily the most comfortable boots I own. Nice when the customer service is as great as the product!

I have a pair of their pac boots (Schnee's Hunter II - 13") and had a similar positive experience. I bought each of my boys their own Hunter II's. These are the best boots I have ever worn when it is cold or there is snow on the ground. Warm, comfortable, water proof, and great traction. I have never even come close to getting a blister in these boots. Great product and great customer service. I will shop there again.

That is great to hear. I have a fat foot (as my wife calls it) with poor circulation due to frostbite, so I struggle finding boots that fit. I have been thinking about making a trip to Yellowstone/Glacier next month and was considering stopping by Schnees on the way. Now I definitely will. Thx.

The Hunter II is the boot Im refering too. I have baby feet, soft and fragile. Mountaineering boots make my feet hurt after a couple days. I'm currently trying to break in a pair of Zamberlains and it just is not going to work for me.

If you have "bad" feet the hunterII is the right boot. I'm saving up now to replace a pair 24 years old.
You can have them rebuilt numerous times and they come back looking brand new.

The ADV sole has the best traction of any boot made in the world for steep loose mountain travel hands down. My kenetreks are not even close, the zamberlains either. My partner runs Lowa. The hunterII traction is better by a bunch. Waterproof warm and you can wear them for days at a time.

This thread has convinced me to stop wasting money on all these other boots and get back to Schnees.

The hunter II boots are awesome, the customer service is great . I know because every pair I've had developed cracks in the flex area of the rubber , sometimes in just a few weeks . They always rebuild or replace them . They suggested that I go a size larger. I tried that . same result . Must be the width of my foot or something.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back