Schnee's Absaroka

rmyoung1

Anyone out there have a pair of the Schnee's Absaroka boots? If so, any thoughts?

I tried on a pair last year and really liked they way they felt in the store. They were explained to me as being lighter and not quite as stiff as the Lowa Tibet's I've been using. I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering some.

Thanks for the response. I'm gonna check them out next week but I was hoping to get some feedback here first. It's a lot of cash for some boots, but my old Asolo boots are shot. Time to pony up for a new pair.

RM, My 4 year old Meindl AK hikers bit the dust with a big rip in the rand. I'm going to give these a try in 11 Wide.

Does anyone know how they compare to the Beartooth? I'm eyeing these since my kenetrek hardscrabbles are giving me fits, I can't lock my heel down no matter how I lace it.

I sent the Wide 11's back. Too narrow, and the second eyelet hit my big toe joint funny.

I settled on a pair on Meindl Perfekt's in 11.5 EE. I never realized my AK hikers were too short until I tried on these others. I think my feet grew when I started running...

I sent the Wide 11's back. Too narrow, and the second eyelet hit my big toe joint funny.

I settled on a pair on Meindl Perfekt's in 11.5 EE. I never realized my AK hikers were too short until I tried on these others. I think my feet grew when I started running...

That's a nice boot, I just saw today that they just came out with a Meindl Western Guide. Looks like a hardcore mountain boot.

I was in Schnee's today planning on walking out with the Beartooths. I liked the look of the Absoraka and that it was just a little shorter than the beartooth. They are both great boots and felt like slippers when wearing. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Absoraka bc I liked the slight stiffer sole and the height was just right. Then I tried on the Lowa Tibet, it really was a toss up on comfort but what sold me on the Tibet was the way it felt around my ankle, which I broke 2 months ago. I don't think I would have regretted either one but I'm happy, especially since Schnees had them on sale for $250.

I also tried on the new Cabelas Meindl Western Guide boot today and it is very similar to the Tibet. I really liked it but they didn't have my size, half size too big. It felt more comfortable than the Alaskan and the Denali in my opinion.

Nice price on the Lowas. Congrats. I bought the Schnee's Absarokas a few weeks ago when I was in Bozeman. Nice boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back