Schmalts and Son score!

schmalts

This was the weekend i took my little buddy out for a "guys only" weekend of fun. We got up to the camper at 6:30PM and threw on the camo and ran out into the woods. I called in 3 Jakes right away and the boy kept asking when i was going to shoot. I lied a little and said they were too far because i knew i could do better with 4 days to hunt. I handed him the call and figured the horrible noises he would make would scare them off but the horny bastards kept getting closer! at about 20 yards i fessed up and told him i wanted to see if we could get a bigger one and he was fine with that.
We walked to the next hill where i had a pop up blind set up and when we got in it i saw birds moving around right away. One soft call and another 2 jakes and 2 toms came into 10 yards. lights out! so ends the 20 minute hunt. Something a little odd, the bird was a Tom with a 9.5 inch beard and 7/8 spurs but it only weighed 17.5 pounds!! I shot Jakes that were hevier than that.
So we spent the rest of the couple days doing fun stuff. Hell, maybe we will kill another one next weekend if he can talk Mom into going up there for mothers day.
turkeyhunt2007058.jpg

turkeyhunt2007059.jpg

turkeyhunt2007040.jpg

Nice turkey...... your boy has as a Father ... ;)

Seriously though, congrats !!! Awesome man !

Congratulations on the fine bird.
One of the most enjoyable gifts we get in life is to have the time to spend with out son's or daughters in the woods teaching woodsman ship. Take in every moment because it doesnt last long and soon he will besting his old man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back