Sb 245

Just got off the phone w/ the 2 outfittersI know of who hunt 622, they charge $1200 and $1000 for a cow elk private land hunt....maybe there is someone I am forgetting about that does charge more?

Cash cows? Come on...for 3 days of meals/lodging/guide, 100% kill rate....maybe I am missing something....perhaps I better get into the cow elk guiding business and cash in on those cows.

topgun, I don't know why, but there folks out there willing to pay a fee to hunt private land and take a cow, some folks are old/crippled and can't hike others do not have the time to spend 2-3 weekends hunting....easier is better to some people.

I hear thru the grapevine that the Wilks Bros. have said that if 245 goes thru they will allow some access...for cows and BULLS......

I hear thru the grapevine that the Wilks Bros. have said that if 245 goes thru they will allow some access...for cows and BULLS......

iGKOyy2.png

Last edited:
Here is the text of the bothersome amendment:

Amendments to Senate Bill No. 245
1st Reading Copy
Requested by Senator Douglas (Doug) Kary
For the Senate Fish and Game Committee
Prepared by Jason Mohr
February 12, 2015 (11:53am)
1. Page 7.
Following: line 18
Insert: "(5) The department may not limit the number of licenses
or permits in a hunting district for a population of elk,
deer, or antelope that remains above the sustainable
population number."
- END -

When I look up the bill, this text is not yet included. There is no evidence that the Senate FWP Committee has taken executive action.

This amendment may cause many of the original proponents to run and hide to get away from this bill in it's new form.

Vito

The good news is that if this passes, I would finally be able to get a rifle elk tag for the Breaks. The bad news is that within 3 years the quality of the elk and the experience will have been destroyed. I doubt that most landowners or outfitters would support this amendment. The short term gain would likely cause long term losses.

Vito, the amendment is not included w/ the bill.

You are correct, if it were added the hunting would be further degraded in the breaks. There are to many either sex permits as is.

I do not know why it was written...all I know is that it is not part of sb245....maybe it fell off or simply vanished? abducted by aliens? green decoy conspiracy? lol

Last edited:
The Amendment was prepared by Staff (Jason Mohr) on Feb. 12th, two days after the initial hearing on the bill. Not sure if they will be included when executive action is taken in the Senate FWP Committee.

The Amendment was prepared by Staff (Jason Mohr) on Feb. 12th, two days after the initial hearing on the bill. Not sure if they will be included when executive action is taken in the Senate FWP Committee.

A committee member or sponsor can request an amendment. I would suggest calling Jason and asking him who asked for it.

Executive action on the bill may not on the front burner since it's a revenue bill and has a lot longer timeline. (End of March).

Committee meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. exec will happen on one of those days.

Vito...it was not...from what I have heard it was C. Dehnowah....and I know I did not spell his name right......Doug Kary introduced the bill....are you in spin mode? or denial?

Vito...it was not...from what I have heard it was C. Dehnowah....and I know I did not spell his name right......Doug Kary introduced the bill....are you in spin mode? or denial?

That's OK Eric, I spell his last name with 4 letters.

Lord, now I know that wasn't right, please feed the starving pygmy's in New Guinea Amen.

Last edited:

Lobbyists, even ones who are related to the Senate President, cannot request amendments from legislative services without going through a legislator. Some legislator will introduce said amendment in executive action. Chuckles wrote it, but it has leg services stamp, so it is a viable amendment made at the request of either the sponsor or a committee member. I would guess the chair, but I'm a little biased. ;)

Back