Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sawtooth zone

JWhunter

I can't believe it but my dad talked me into buying an A tag for the Sawtooth region. I plan on hunting 36.....I was wondering if anyone know if the elk summer up closer to Stanley or down in the Basin closer to Galena. It will also be my first archery hunt. I think I am pretty good at calling, I was wondering do elk really not respond with bugles anymore or if that's just a rumor? I also was wondering, because I was told that elk will leave the area if you call at all, because of the damn wolves. Thanks for your help.

John W.

I have had luck one year bugling and the next year with cow calls. Just depends on the time of month I think. You will figure out what they like and don't like. Don't listen to all the nay sayers. Get out and have some fun. We call in plenty of elk in 36 every year. Just get away from the crowds. With limited tags in such a big hunt zone the pressure is down. Lots of people do hunt the areas you mention though.

+1 on don't listen to the naysayers. Everyone has written off the Sawtooths. There are plenty of elk there still, I promise. They bugled like crazy last year where we were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back