MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sasquatch, Bigfoot?...Cmon I KNOW some of you have had encounters...lets hear em..

How many people believe sasquatch is real?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghillieman

With the thousands of members and friends as well, I KNOW some of you have had or know someone who has had an encounter with them. I know some are laughing, some are saying this isn't the place and then some saying only a fool would believe this. So call me a fool.... We are outdoorsman and these creatures seem to lurk amongst us when chasing our quarry, peering through the branches at night while we share the days events around a campfire, sipping a little liquid courage.. I for one am a believer. So curl on up and lets get the stories and pics of yours or others encounters...who knows...next time your chasing that 6X6 you too may be fortunate enough to bear witness to these mythical and elusive beasts...

Last edited:
I would like to think Big Foot is out there, but I have spent my pretty much entire life working in the forest on weekdays and playing in the forest on weekends and I have yet to see, hear or smell anything that would make me think he was anywhere nearby. I know I don't lose any sleep worrying about it when I am alone in my tent at night.

I did have one unpleasant encounter with Sasquatch. We had a big job, marking all the forest service property lines along Upper Cow Creek Road. The entire community was ruled with an iron fist by a gal named Marlina. Marlina hated forest service surveyors because of an incident that I may or may not have been sort of indirectly involved in. Therefore, the entirety of Upper Cow Creek Road hated forest service surveyors. So, the district ranger had an idea where he would come with me on a two-day, one-on-one meet and great with all the landowners. The hope was that if they knew me by name, they would be less likely to shoot me. One ten-acre parcel had just been bought by a couple of lesbian hippies. One went by the nickname of Sequoia because she was a very large woman. 6'2 / 260 or so, who never shaved her legs or armpits. One day in a discussion with my co-workers I space out when trying to think of her nickname and the only thing I could come up with was Sasquatch. Well, everyone thought that was pretty funny and it seemed to fit better than Sequoia, so the name kinda stuck. I may have at some point, inadvertently used that name while speaking with one of the other landowners.

Later on, we met Sequoia and her partner as they were struggling to figure out how to build a perfectly straight fence over a hill. We had the expertise and equipment for the job and since we had been told to bend over backwards to make the locals happy, we spent two hours lining in a fence. When done I walked across the pasture we had just been working in, to get to where I needed to be for my real job. When I got back to the office that night, I received an official reprimand for pissing off Sequoia by walking across her pasture without permission. I don't think it was me walking across her pasture that pissed her off. I think maybe she had gotten drift of my rather rude nickname for her.

I guess I deserved that ass chewing.

I’ve never seen a big foot, but part of an episode of one of the big foot hunters was filmed in a park I manage. A rep from the show called and asked what they needed to film in the park so I got them squared away and in conclusion I asked if there was anything we could do to assist them with their efforts. The rep just replied keep the public away. I wish I would have went out there that night and did some whoops and knocks.

I would like to think Big Foot is out there, but I have spent my pretty much entire life working in the forest on weekdays and playing in the forest on weekends and I have yet to see, hear or smell anything that would make me think he was anywhere nearby. I know I don't lose any sleep worrying about it when I am alone in my tent at night.
I gotta tell this here. I'm workin to get my post's up here so I can sell a tent here and I'll prolly stick around since I've always liked Randy's show's. I live in california and hike and hunt the sierras. On one backpacking trip I took a friends 18 year old son who had never been deep into wilderness before.
So on the 2nd morning we're 10 or 15 miles deep in the Golden Trout Wilderness and we're kinda piddling around, I think I was having my coffee and he goes to take a dump. So he comes back and tells me he thinks he heard a bigfoot howling or maybe a bear howling. He's pretty surprised I didn't hear it but I wear hearing aids and I dont hear anything so good. I tell him its prolly a coyote or a sick cow or something and yes I tell him bears dont howl. This poor kid is pretty ignorant and I decided to laugh at him behind his back. Didn't want to do anything to ruin his first backpacking trip.
So we go back and forth a few times of him asking me if I heard that and I say no when finally I hear it. I've heard some strange things out there that I couldn't identify but nothing ever scared me. You got the air force and navy pilots zippin around all over the place near by always making alot of weird noises. But this was clearly some kind of animal I'd never heard before. Some kind of howling that had me a little nervous although I kept telling myself it was a sick or deformed animal of some kind. Had to be, I kept telling myself. I didn't want to let on that I was gettin scared cuz I didn't want him freakin out on me. He's weird enough as it is.
So every few minutes or so I we hear it getting louder cuz it's obviously getting closer. Finally that kid has had enough of being scared I guess cuz he takes off to go find it. Better him than me! Turns out it was a cow! A weird fricken cow! About this time a herd of cows comes walking in to drink from the creek and graze in the meadow and with them comes that kid. He said he saw the cow making that weird howling noise. But I'm telling ya it sounded just like what you'd think a bigfoot should sound like from watching tv shows about him. Or her or whatever it's pronouns are. I was relieved it was just a weird cow. Of course I didn't let him know I was freaked out.
Anyways, I hope ya'll got a good laugh out of this story. This was a long first post. Keep your eye out for my tent that will be for sale unless it sells over there on Rokslide first. I guess I need to figure out how to indent for paragraphs. I did it in the rough draft but it aint showin up. I dont type much.

I too knew a yeti or two in school...come to think of it after as well. Fine wrestlers they are...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back