MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Santa Fe National Forest closure

I saw the news of the closure last night. Certainly sounds like there could be no hunting in the fall. Southern Colorado is in just as bad of shape. Hopefully the rain comes before then. There will be a lot of folks who get their plans ruined if not.

FS gave the same heads up for Gila,Apache-Sitgraves & Cibola forests.
Even with several fires burning now here & closures,over the Memorial weekend they found numerous unattended campfires & several got fires burning. They got them out fast luckily.
This is our fire season. Stupid season is year round tho...be safe out there.
Come on monsoons!!

Looks like the Buzzard fire near me was an illegal campfire left burning.
& a new one started up near Cimarron @2PM that is around 4500 ac now & will get real bad with todays conditions.
Come on folks. Be smart. Or is this asking too much anymore?

Looks like the Buzzard fire near me was an illegal campfire left burning.
& a new one started up near Cimarron @2PM that is around 4500 ac now & will get real bad with todays conditions.
Come on folks. Be smart. Or is this asking too much anymore?

The Ute Park fire is a real bummer since I was planning on taking the fiance with her birthday present fly rod to fish the Cimarron this weekend. June is going to be real rough until the monsoons start kicking up.

The Ute Park fire has Philmont Scout reservation evacuated from what I have seen. They should be receiving lots of treks starting this week makes me sad for all the Crews that have prepped for over a year to go hiking there. My Troop looked at going this year and decided to put it off a year.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back