Sabot slugs in Montana

Marshian

I am considering buying a Savage rifled slug gun for the whitetails on the weapons restriction areas. I had heard rumors of the sabot slugs being banned due to their increased range, and when I google this, the FWP website from January of 2011 only states that the FWP was soliciting public input on the matter. The definition for the weapons in the deer regs for 2011 say nothing about sabots being banned either. Does anyone know if this matter has been dropped or if their is a possibility of a sabot ban for 2012. Thanks.

If you look on page 11 or 12 of the 'General Regulations and Information' I believe that is where you will find the Weapons Restricted Area regulations. I'm pretty sure it says only plain lead projectiles in muzzies and shot or slugs in shotties. Doesn't specify any particular slug if I remember right but you should find it there.

Last edited:
I saw that on pg 11 it just says "slugs" which to me mean that as of last season, all types were ok. I guess the past FWP plans to possibly ban them never materialized but I think on Monday Ill call the headquarters just to double check before I spend all that money.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back