S&W 1000m restrictor pin?

PFUNK

My dad is looking at buying a mint condition smith & wesson 1000m waterfowler shotgun for only $200, but apparently it is missing the restrictor pin that limits the magazine to 3 rounds. Any gun gurus here know where he might be able to get a hold of this part? Anybody know much about these in general. I got to handle it and it seems like a well balanced, light shotgun. Another question while I'm at it... Any other barrels that it will accept? It has a fixed full choke but wondering if you can buy a barrel that accepts choke tubes.

I don't know what kind of pin is in the S&W, but some shotguns used dowels, or maybe a smith could make one. Seems like a fair deal on a shotgun. mtmuley

I'm not familiar with the shotgun so I googled about the pin. It turns out these guns are notorious for having O-ring problems which may require the use of a gunsmith to fix. Otherwise the internet didn't have much to offer as to the pin.

I'm not familiar with the shotgun so I googled about the pin. It turns out these guns are notorious for having O-ring problems which may require the use of a gunsmith to fix. Otherwise the internet didn't have much to offer as to the pin.

Yeah I did a quick google search too and didn't turn up much about where to find the pin. Good to know about the o-ring problems. For $200 for an automatic I think it's still a good deal. Would be nice to find the pin though so that it is legal to use for waterfowl hunting.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back