Rumors of delays...

revelized

I have been checking a lot of the forums recently and came across this...

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=203341&MESSAGES=8&state=Mt

Seems like its getting to crunch time but you never know what kinda crazy stuff can be pulled.

I've got an elkhorns tag this year and have spent the last week getting everything lined up, hopefully they're only rumors.

P.s. please don't chastise me for linking another forum, I think of all these sites as 1 large community all in for the same cause.

As bad as it would suck, it's a pretty good idea. There are a lot of idiots out there and there are sure to be more fires this weekend due to the high traffic. Plain and simple...we need rain and cooler temps!

Last edited:
It won't stop me from hitting the woods or fields and hunting. Lots of animals will be fair game starting on the 1st including game birds and deer hunting is already open in my local district. I do wanna be up around 7,500 feet hunting elk though.

Will not happen 2 days in advance. It's not like this dry weather suddenly crept up on us all.

I talk to the lolo forest service guy and all he said is they may enforce cold camps which means no campstoves ,heaters or anything . But that was just the worst case scenario he said.

I remember when they closed the forest down over here for a week or two one year. You could still hunt just not on NF land. I found a block managment field that had elk coming into it and went hunting there instead.

Haven't heard anything new... but with the Pine/Suce Creek fires, this is getting very scary/out of control! WE NEED RAIN!!!!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back