MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rules for the BAYED

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It is getting close to the end of the year, thus the "YE" part of BAYED, so I figure I better start working on the rules. Here is what I am thinking.
1. You need to be signed up prior to some date that I have yet to determine.

2. You need to have "X" number of posts, with "X" yet to be determined.

3. We will pull the database, do a sort according to the criteria of 1 and 2 above, and draw the names using the random number generator.

4. We will have all the prizes randomly assigned a number and will give away the prizes by the number it was assigned. So if the Kenetrek boots have the #1, that is the first prize we will draw.

5. The person with the lowest random number will be posted as the winner for Prize #1.

6. That person will have 24 or 48 hours, not sure which, to claim their prize. If they don't claim it in that period, it will be offered to the person with the next lowest random number. It will be the responsibility of the winner to contact me, or Mrs. Fin. Part of the idea is to get people checking in and staying involved with the site and forums.

7. You have one chance to win. We are not redrawing for each prize. Once the random numbers are assigned to members, they will go in that order until all prizes are gone. So, don't sit on your hands in hopes you might draw a better prize later on. Your name will be tossed and you will not be drawn again.

I am sure I will be coming up with a few more thoughts of how to do this between now and when it starts.

I head to the ATA show in early January and will be looking to scam some more prizes from sponsors. I am thinking of holding the drawing after I get back from SHOT in Vegas in the later part of January. I know I can land some serious goods at that show, so it might sweeten the pot if we wait a little longer.

I am open to suggestions or ideas.

I won't be able to check from January 15-21, so I'm good as long as it's held after that :D

It's like being invited to a dance and not knowing whether you're the fat girl or the beauty queen until your number is called. :)

Sounds good to me.

Randy11, I've got your back. I'll make the call for you.:)

Last edited:
I won't be able to check from January 15-21, so I'm good as long as it's held after that :D

I am gone those same days, plus a couple more after that, so no fear that you will be drawn and not have a chance to know.

Being a "Newbie" and having a mininum of posts and other quaifying criteria I will of course suggest a "boobie" prize of those of us with basement and lower qualifications? If you did a word count, I could possibly qualify? If you don't count until mid or late January I might be able to qualify by posting some of my embellished and enhanced hunting and outdoor stories? <grin> Serioiusly I think your sharing with the forum members is something very admirable. I normally do not post on any forums due to their juvenle nature. Not so with this show, the website and the people on the forum. OYOA is a serious presentation of our great pasttime of Hunting, the forum lets us interface and is a group of people
who don't judge, but merely interface with the shows host and producers. This is unheard of in Outdoor Television...to talk to some hosts or participants of some shows you have to send in a $50.00 fee or buy their Country Western CD. Here you sign up, talk to everybody and they even give you prizes????
That's class with a capital "C". Have a great time at the shot show.
Echo7

Don't worry, Echo. You already have enough posts to meet any requirement I would have.

I am just looking to eliminate the guy who signed up so he might win a prize, never participates, never helps anyone, never adds any value.

A couple of those member were drawn in the monthly drawings that we stopped in October. Bothers me to send a really nice prize to someone with no posts, when so many here do so much to add to the community.

That is the only thought behind the idea of having a minimum number of posts.

Heck if you're gonna charge $20 per point, you might as well make us buy the "hunt talk" license for $154.75;)

As long as you're taking requests on when not to hold the drawing. The 7-14 are not good for me as I'll be out of the country. Not that it matters, I never win.:(

Seriously though, this is a great idea.

Be sure to get one of those BTD hats in the mix. :D
Seriously though, you are very generous for giving this stuff away!

"never helps anyone, never adds any value."

hey, I voted for you and the show.........

think the boobie prize is starting to sound good about right now.:p:D:D

Big Fin - THANK YOU - for your trouble doing this for us HT members....!!

How about Bonus points for a given number of posts throughout the year... ?? At least for a few of the "Grand prizes" ??

10 posts = 1 point
25 posts = 2 points
100 posts = 3 points
etc...

How about Bonus points for a given number of posts throughout the year... ?? At least for a few of the "Grand prizes" ??

10 posts = 1 point
25 posts = 2 points
100 posts = 3 points
etc...

I know I like that..... How many Preference points does 18k posts get ya ? :D

TOP POSTERS :

Moosie Grand poopa 18,770
ELKCHSR Senior Member 16,994
JoseCuervo Senior Member 12,629
Elkhunter Senior Member12,103
noharleyyet Senior Member 10,497
Oak Expert 7,763
cjcj Senior Member 7,367
1_pointer Senior Member 6,915

But you also have to factor in "Helpfull information" Even with my posts only about 2-3 posts are helpfull, the rest are jsut about Boobie's (.)(.) and taking peoples comments and quoting a portion of it to make it dirty ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a good plan there Fin. I also think it would be crap to give a great prize to someone that just signed up and is a lurker. Go back and look at the winners posts and see if they have any input worth a dang.

I think a good requirement would be to have had posted a picture to a thread or one you started. Everyone has pictures to share and if they don't know how to post one then it would be a good time to learn.

You always do have great prizes and we thank you for offering them to forum members.

you post hogs get out of here with the bonus points for amount of posts--you should be given bonus points for each yr you've been a member---

YEs.. Agreed, For post couts AND years we've been members ... ;) ;)

Fine print: Former Web Site owners are not eligible for any prizes / awards given away by Randy Newburg "Big Fin" or the Hunt Talk site or On Your Own Adventures (OYOA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back