Ruana Knives

I too have a 4" drop point sticker from Ruana purchased several years ago. It is my favorite for elk field dressing and butchering. 'Stout, well-made knives.

The 95 MP is awfully tempting...very nice heirloom quality tools, thanks for posting.

I have the Steelhead model but there are several other's that certainly appeal to me as well. Maybe I'll find some sheds this spring and I can trade for another knife.

Have 4 of them including one of the originals with the M stamp made that I got when I turned 12. I wish I wouldn't have used the original or taken better care of it at least. It's pretty important to clean them immediately because they stain/pit real easily. I don't use any of them any more and will pass them to my kids/grandkids.

20170124_180435_resized.jpg

Have 4 of them including one of the originals with the M stamp made that I got when I turned 12. I wish I wouldn't have used the original or taken better care of it at least. It's pretty important to clean them immediately because they stain/pit real easily. I don't use any of them any more and will pass them to my kids/grandkids.

View attachment 67160

...very nice...cutlery and sentiments.

I'm on the road tonight, so no pictures - but I have 3 of them. 1 from the mid sixties (I think S stamp, but could be wrong) that was my uncles. 1 was my HS graduation gift from my younger brother, and a x-mas present from my in-laws. I know of (and have used) a carving knife that was a wedding gift from Rudy. It is by far the best carving knife I have used.

I still use them all and they will keep an edge if you know how to sharpen a knife.

Ruana recommends using Flitz Polish to clean up the knives. The knives do show wear and you do need to clean them as soon as you can. I clean them with flitz after the season is over - it does bring the shine back (at least on my "new" ones).

I just can't get myself to use a "disposable" blade. There is too much sentiment in the knives for me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back