Caribou Gear

Rock Springs

msnyder

Hey everyone -

I am in the process of relocating to Rock Springs, Wyoming, and don't know a lot about the town itself. I have spent time in Lander, but that is as close as I have gotten. Just wondering if anyone has any information about the area that might help? I assume the hunting and fishing opportunities are numerous, and there is sagebrush and wind, just kind of looking for anything else that might be of interest! Thanks, look forward to hearing from people!!

The fishing is great around there, tags close to town are kinda hard to draw but are good tags if you get them. Sand dunes are fun if your into that kinda thing. Heard the wind was crazy down there today. In the summer the wind will pick up most days days at around 2-3, and stay away from the stro. You will figure everything out fast,

Ditto on what Indian Larry said. Lived there for 23 years. Great place to live if you like the outdoors.

If you like windy weather you will love it. If you are coming from east of the rockies frtom an area with limited public lands to play on and do not like windy weather you will still love it. If you have not already, get into the preference point game in Wyoming for drawing preferred hunt tags.

I was in Green River, about 15 miles away, until July. Put in for area 93 for Speedgoat. Lots of nice goats and the Green River has some big Browns on Beadheaded Nyphms. Great area for the outdoorsman in you. The drive around the Flamming Gorge is awesome when the road south of RS opens up. The Red Canyon Rodge on the South Side of the Gorge has some good food and awesome fishing. Its a private lake, but there is nothing like hooking an 8lbs Rainbow on fly. I am hoping to go back to GR if we get another contract at Exxon or just get hired there itself. The 9 Iron Grill at the Golf Course was our favorite resturant in town followed by the Rodeo Grill just outside of town on 93 behind the Flying J's. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I was actually looking at Green River as a place to buy a house, looks like a nice town. I will definitely try those restaurants, and am looking forward to the fishing and hunting that is around there. Now if I can just get all of this moving stuff taken care of!!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back