Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rifle’s done… again

The smith who threaded and chambered the carbon barrel made it so that it was never going to be consistent.

View attachment 294889

Proof's CS stepped up and offered me 1/2 off a new barrel even though it wasn't their fault. I was just asking them if I could cut into the remaining shank to thread it again.

Pretty! Who was the gunsmith?

I think you did a really nice job on the build. It looks sharp and well thought out. I too don't care for the stock ammo carrier but it's not my rifle is it.

I use IMR7828SSC with 140 gr. Accbonds and Partitions. The same load with each bullet and the Accubonds chronograph at 3186 fps while the Partitions chronograph at 3230 fps. They each shoot about 1/2" 3-shot groups at 100 yards. I worked up the Partitions first and shot them with great success. I used the same charge and never messed with the seating depth and loaded up some Accubonds. I tried a couple 3-shot groups using the Accubonds and I got lucky. Shot equally as well and POI was almost exactly the same.

That IMR7828SSC sure worked well. Best of luck on loading up for that beautiful rifle. No go hunt something!!

I think you did a really nice job on the build. It looks sharp and well thought out. I too don't care for the stock ammo carrier but it's not my rifle is it.

I use IMR7828SSC with 140 gr. Accbonds and Partitions. The same load with each bullet and the Accubonds chronograph at 3186 fps while the Partitions chronograph at 3230 fps. They each shoot about 1/2" 3-shot groups at 100 yards. I worked up the Partitions first and shot them with great success. I used the same charge and never messed with the seating depth and loaded up some Accubonds. I tried a couple 3-shot groups using the Accubonds and I got lucky. Shot equally as well and POI was almost exactly the same.

That IMR7828SSC sure worked well. Best of luck on loading up for that beautiful rifle. No go hunt something!!
Because of my numerous injuries related to my overseas combat deployments I was left with a marginally functional shoulder. I haven’t been able to hunt or shoot because the barrel on my rifle is so heavy I find it impossible to carry.

Through a combat injured veteran organization I was able to become friends with a guy who works for a local carbon fiber barrel producer. One day he asked if he could borrow my rifle and have it customized for my physical needs thus getting me back out with the guys during the season.

I could not believe what my friend was doing. He bought the barrel out of his own pocket and was going to ask if his employer to chamber it to my rifle caliber. It’s a 308 and my rifle is a 330 win mag.

One of his fellow employees found out about this project and hand painted the stock for me and at this point I was in disbelief this was happening. Not only did I think I would never shoot again, I would have NEVER been able to afford any of what was being given to me.

A few days ago, my friend brought me my rifle back along with a box with the carbon fiber barrel inside. He said that the company told him to take it home because they don’t do charity work. He was extremely embarrassed and emotional. I told him, I never thought I would ever have a rifle with a carbon fiber barrel and though I still don’t, I’m at least in ownership of the barrel. I totally get it, it’s a company that is in the business to make a profit. I mean that 100%.

Can anyone give me advice on how I can have the barrel chambered? I have no idea where to even begin.

Because of my numerous injuries related to my overseas combat deployments I was left with a marginally functional shoulder. I haven’t been able to hunt or shoot because the barrel on my rifle is so heavy I find it impossible to carry.

Through a combat injured veteran organization I was able to become friends with a guy who works for a local carbon fiber barrel producer. One day he asked if he could borrow my rifle and have it customized for my physical needs thus getting me back out with the guys during the season.

I could not believe what my friend was doing. He bought the barrel out of his own pocket and was going to ask if his employer to chamber it to my rifle caliber. It’s a 308 and my rifle is a 330 win mag.

One of his fellow employees found out about this project and hand painted the stock for me and at this point I was in disbelief this was happening. Not only did I think I would never shoot again, I would have NEVER been able to afford any of what was being given to me.

A few days ago, my friend brought me my rifle back along with a box with the carbon fiber barrel inside. He said that the company told him to take it home because they don’t do charity work. He was extremely embarrassed and emotional. I told him, I never thought I would ever have a rifle with a carbon fiber barrel and though I still don’t, I’m at least in ownership of the barrel. I totally get it, it’s a company that is in the business to make a profit. I mean that 100%.

Can anyone give me advice on how I can have the barrel chambered? I have no idea where to even begin.
Pretty! Who was the gunsmith?

Assuming this is legitimate and not a bot, send @p_ham a PM when you get those privileges

Send it to @p_ham
He specializes in carbon fiber stocks and barrels

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back