Restarting my hunting adventures

Outbound

Hi everyone, I finally signed up here after finding Randy's videos and podcasts. I love those shows and this forum looks great. I'm 31 years old and now live in northern Alberta, Canada having been blessed to grow up in south western British Columbia.

I'm returning to hunting after a 6+ year hiatus. I had just begun my foray into big game hunting when I had a hunting experience that turned me off it completely. In a nut shell, the people who I had thought were showing me how to hunt were not sportsmen and the hunts were gong shows. Even though a deer was eventually killed, I don't count it as "my" deer. As such, to this date I consider myself a big game virgin, having never taken a big game animal myself.

I'm a lifelong fly fisherman and avid conservationist with a passion for protecting our lands and waters while advocating for public land and water access as well as responsible, respectful use of private land while forging good relationships with landowners. Now, I'm ready to bring that passion to hunting. Randy Newberg's show, along with Steven Rinella's Meateater, have been instrumental in rekindling my interest in hunting and provided the types of role models I hope to emulate in my hunting career.

I have a lot to learn, as I'm basically starting from scratch. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Welcome. I am glad to hear you are willing to give it a try after a negative experience. Most hunters are great people and you have been watching some of the best from what I can tell in Randy Newberg and Steven Rinella.

Welcome. I am glad to hear you are willing to give it a try after a negative experience. Most hunters are great people and you have been watching some of the best from what I can tell in Randy Newberg and Steven Rinella.

Thanks! I've always been one to "get back on the horse" so to speak. I know most hunters are good folks, and I honestly blame myself for choosing the wrong group to begin hunting with. Live and learn though, now I know what to look for if I decide to hunt with others again. Hopefully I can trade off some of my fishing knowledge for some hunting tips. ;)

Welcome and here is to you having a rebirth!! We all (unfortunately) have seen some shady shiz in our time in the woods but the group that gathers here tends to be good apples :) We look forward to hearing about adventures from the Great White North!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

Welcome and here is to you having a rebirth!! We all (unfortunately) have seen some shady shiz in our time in the woods but the group that gathers here tends to be good apples :) We look forward to hearing about adventures from the Great White North!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

Bob and Doug had a citizenship change and are on the ISS now thanks to SpaceX. LOL I hope to have many tales to regale you all with in the seasons to come.

Welcome! Sometimes you don't know a group you choose to start with is bad until the opportunity for shady stuff to happen presents itself. I cut ties with a couple relatives years ago because of it. Glad you're picking it back up.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back