Rest of the MT deer hunt

BuzzH

The rest of the Montana deer hunt.

My Dads buddy Fred, who he grew up with in Missoula with a buck he shot the first day we hunted.

2010deer%20015.jpg

A few days later my wife Pat, brother Matt, and I spotted a buck with one antler. I looked at him through the spotting scope and determined the antler wasnt broken, just deformed. Matt thought it was unusual and he decided to try for him. Pat gave us hand signals while Matt and I stalked to about 120 yards. Matt made the shot easily and had his deer for 2010.

2010deer%20021.jpg

A couple close ups of Matts deer...crazy:

2010deer%20025.jpg

2010deer%20026.jpg

Dad got his deer a couple days later, a good 3 point that he couldnt pass up. Shot with a 25/06 at 180 yards:

DSCN5553.JPG

Pat shot her deer the morning she took off for home. We saw and passed a lot of deer the first 3 days she hunted. The last morning we found a small band of deer with 7 bucks in it along with a couple does. She decided on this one and made a perfect shot with her ruger #1 in 25/06. I should have my a$$ kicked for forgetting the still camera in the truck. I took pictures with the video camera and they are poor at best. Anyway, all in all a great deer hunt in an area we'd never tried before. Wont be the last trip to the area for sure and we cant wait to get back next year.

pats2010deer%20005.jpg

So much for the deer success rate in Montana being 55%. Looks like you guys have screwed that up. Good stuff, Buzz.

Screw the wolves, these annual Buzz family reunions are destroying the MT herds.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back