PEAX Equipment

Research Season...

406LIFE

...is in full swing for me. I have stacks of folders for each species/state/season. I took for granted OTC tags until this year when I stopped and thought that all the digging I do on areas and animals isn't an exercise in futility. Those are animals I know I will get to chase.

I think what I like best is that each application is a hope at an opportunity of a chance, something akin to the mist in a hurricane. I play the hunts in my mind and wonder if they will be anything like that in the real world.

I took a little drive to ID yesterday to look over some new areas I might be applying for. It felt like hunting season was back in full swing, spotting deer, elk and sheep and stopping to glass animals that we know won't be right there come fall and have all lost their headgear. Except for one spike with a fork on the top of each tine. One was still straight and tall, but the other was 90 degrees and pointed towards his nose. I hope for his sake it won't stay that way.

I'm with you brother. I have a pile of applications that I will be throwing in but until the draw results show successful, I'm using this time to focus on hunts I KNOW that I will be going on next fall. Made a weekend trip last weekend checking out a new area and it paid off. I plan on making a couple more this spring as well. There is never "too many" spots a guys can have to go to. Can't wait to be living that OTC life again this fall!

I gotta get Utah done tomorrow then it's boots on the ground the next two weekends for me. Planning 3 days in each state. Planning to burn my Colorado elk points this year so looking for some overlapping hunts in Utah where I'd be able to do a combo. My CO unit is right up against Utah state line. Not taking it too seriously though due to I only have 8 UT points and the bonus side odds are dismal due to the SFW tag prostitution there. But it can't hurt to try. Even a mid-tier unit hunt would work.

Back