reliable trail camera?

Quality is fine, will easily do the job I need it to then.

What is the largest size SD card you can put in it?

Are you setup over a wallow?

Nice pictures. I especially like the raghorn bugling.

Is the smudge in the middle from a wet elk nose?

smudge is from elk nose. was nice and clear until they gave it a sniff. My other camera stayed clear the whole time.

Quality is fine, will easily do the job I need it to then.

What is the largest size SD card you can put in it?

Are you setup over a wallow?

I don't recall if there was a limit on sd card size. i'm guessing that battery life would go before your card is filled. I just put a 2 gb card in each of mine and with 315 pictures it was only 0.5 gb full. you could get about 1200 pictures per 2 gb card. if you do video though then that would eat up more memory. I let mine sit about a month.

Yes, both were set up near a wallow.

smudge is from elk nose. was nice and clear until they gave it a sniff. My other camera stayed clear the whole time.

A couple of years ago one of my cameras must have doubled as a salt lick, I had hundreds of pictures of elk tongues and noses. The buggers even managed to turn the camera half way around the tree trunk and lower it all the way to the ground.

Nice pics, gets me fired up. You sitting that wallow or just hunting the area?

Yep, They do like to play with the camera don't they. Bears seem to be the most curious about the camera in my area though.

Nice pics, gets me fired up. You sitting that wallow or just hunting the area?

These are areas that I've hunted the last ten years but I didn't get my tag before they sold out so I'm not hunting this spot this year. I pulled the cameras and will be setting them in another unit. oh well, at least i didn't see a huge bull on the camera.

Yep, They do like to play with the camera don't they. Bears seem to be the most curious about the camera in my area though.

A buddy of mine has lost a few cameras over bear bait. If I start using them for that then I will get a metal case.

These are areas that I've hunted the last ten years but I didn't get my tag before they sold out so I'm not hunting this spot this year. I pulled the cameras and will be setting them in another unit. oh well, at least i didn't see a huge bull on the camera.

If it's in the Sawtooth Zone Baer, I'll hunt it for you, I'll be sure to not let the herd get too big so that you don't get trampled in your area next year! :D

Thanks for all the info, good luck this season, and keep posting your cam pics.

Bump for a helpful thread.

I need to buy a couple new cameras badly. Anyone know of any good sales or other trailcams that are possibly a better buy than the stealthcam?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back