Caribou Gear Tarp

Realistics

csutton7

When you book a hunt for the say one of the big 5 do you expect yourself to come home with said trophy or can you except the possiblity of coming home empty handed--basically what do you expect or what should be expected may be the question--when you book a 10 day hunt for 5-7-10 plain's game animals I'd expect to come home with most if not all---on a 14 -21-28 day DG hunt what should your realizations be?? I think many get the feeling that once a hunt is booked for Africa that they expect to come home with a full bag or next to it----is this a feeling that should be expected when hunting dangerous game----just kind of wondering what expectations should be--well I kind of know as it's hunting and nothing is guaranteed, but do to many hunters think it's a done deal when the hunt is booked---what's your thoughts----

Merry Christmas to all--chris

Realistics? What do you expect.

csutton7,

As difficult it was to properly pose the question, it is an order of magnitude more difficult to make a good reply to. Like: How long is a piece of string?

In my attempt to reply with some meaning, I'll assume that the guy who did the booking has done his homework well. This means that he has done some research on the Hunting Outfitter with which he eventually decided to book his DGH. He then has also communicated effectively with the said HO about exactly this question: Can the hunter realistically "expect" to come home with what he set out to get? The reply would be read directly or "between the lines" of the answer that the HO being considered to book with gave to this very pertinent question.

My attempt would say something like: DG hunting is big business, and very competitive. As per my signature you invariably get what you pay for. If you have booked with the lowest priced HO offering the particular DG you want, well, then expect something that is cheap and nasty! Similarly if the offer is judged to be a bit on the high side, but the HO comes highly recommended on public discussion forum like this one, methinks your chances of getting what you are going for is vastly improved.

The flip side of the coin is often in a "guaranteed" DG hunt. Watch out for canned hunting on anything that is guaranteed. If it could be guaranteed, it would be called "shooting" and not "hunting"!

In good hunting,

Andrew McLaren.

I don't know if I could give a percentage like 50-50, but I would expect to at least see samples of the game in question. But I would not be dis-appointed if no trophys were taken.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back