Rapid City SD hotels

Quality Inn off of exit 14 in Spearfish has been really good ot us in the past. Their winter rates were @ $65 a night and I've never stayed in a cleaner more comfortable room. Don't know if that's close enough to where you want to be.

Click on this link and start making calls or book right online to lock in your best rate. It's a pretty good website for motel listings. I'd stay at the Super 8 at Lacrosse Street right by the freeway, as it's an easy spot to go anywhere and they're showing a weekday rate in April for 2 at $39. That's a steal!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g54774-Rapid_City_South_Dakota-Hotels.html

Last edited:
Click on this link and start making calls or book right online to lock in your best rate. It's a pretty good website for motel listings. I'd stay at the Super 8 at Lacrosse Street right by the freeway, as it's an easy spot to go anywhere and they're showing a weekday rate in April for 2 at $39. That's a steal!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g54774-Rapid_City_South_Dakota-Hotels.html

I'm with Topgun: I have also stayed on LaCrosse street. Lots to choose form and good rates. Quick to the interstate and the road to Rushmore. Also not far from Cabelas.

good luck to all
the dog

thanks guys my friend was recently stationed out at ellsworth AFB so we're looking at going out to visit for his birthday, and places in town you would recommend to check out??

If you have the time, go up past Rushmore to Custer State Park and make a tour, especially on the north end nearest Rushmore on both the Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road. The scenery is breathtaking up in that whole area and you may see some of the BigHorn Rams that are in that area. Then if you have more time take the Wildlife Loop Road on the south end to see all the Bison, some antelope and deer, sheep (mostly ewes), turkies, and sometimes an elk or two. The best way to do the southern part is very early AM or late in the evening when animals are up and about.

Last edited:
thanks guys my friend was recently stationed out at ellsworth AFB so we're looking at going out to visit for his birthday, and places in town you would recommend to check out??

Why not stay in base lodging? I try too whenever we travel

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back