Caribou Gear

Randy Newberg Howa 2Carbon Stalker

Many people send me messages about purchasing one of these rifles. Since they are only available at Sportsmans Warehouse, sometimes that creates a complication of how to buy one. Most know that SW will ship to any other SW store if you see an item online.

SW also has a program where if there is no SW store nearby, a firearm will be shipped to a local FFL dealer they have a relationship. Those FFL partners are listed on their website. It is on the upper left of their gun page. Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.47.00 AM.png

Right now, SW has the Howa-Randy Newberg rifle on sale, for those so inclined. This is the first time they have had these on sale. I'm not sure how long the sale will last. Link here - https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...es/c/cat100003?q=:relevance:brand:Howa&text=#
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.47.30 AM.png
They sent me the inventory numbers and they are pretty low on 7mm-08, .308, and 6.5PRC.

You hear me say that nobody should pay full retail. Thanks for the questions some have sent here and on other platforms.

Many people send me messages about purchasing one of these rifles. Since they are only available at Sportsmans Warehouse, sometimes that creates a complication of how to buy one. Most know that SW will ship to any other SW store if you see an item online.

SW also has a program where if there is no SW store nearby, a firearm will be shipped to a local FFL dealer they have a relationship. Those FFL partners are listed on their website. It is on the upper left of their gun page. View attachment 227348

Right now, SW has the Howa-Randy Newberg rifle on sale, for those so inclined. This is the first time they have had these on sale. I'm not sure how long the sale will last. Link here - https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/c/cat100003?q=:relevance:brand:Howa&text=#
View attachment 227349
They sent me the inventory numbers and they are pretty low on 7mm-08, .308, and 6.5PRC.

You hear me say that nobody should pay full retail. Thanks for the questions some have sent here and on other platforms.

Hey Randy. Just out of curiosity, what changed from the below post to now? This isn't a "gotcha" question, just a question in general. I don't know anything about the PRC calibers or have any vested interest either way.

This was news to me. Thanks for posting it here.

I can assure you that there will NOT be any PRC rifles with my name on them. I contacted Howa this morning to figure out why SW is saying those chamberings will be available, when they will not be part of this. Someone is on the wrong page with that message and it will get straightened out. The two remaining chamberings that we have decided on are the 7mm Rem Mag and the 7mm-08.

Hey Randy. Just out of curiosity, what changed from the below post to now? This isn't a "gotcha" question, just a question in general. I don't know anything about the PRC calibers or have any vested interest either way.
Explanation - At the time PRC cartridge ammo was almost non-existent and I didn't want to be pushing a rifle where nobody could get ammo. To their credit (SW and Howa) and to my lack of knowledge about gun sales and manufacturing, they sold the heck out of the PRCs. To the point that I have one and I can see why people like them. But, it is still hard to find ammo for them. So, I have a bit of egg on my face, thinking I knew what people would/wouldn't buy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back