Rain gear for early November elk hunt

Ironhayden

I'm going on a elk hunt in the early part of November in the bobmarshall wilderness area what are your thoughts on rain gear. I have a set of cabelas goretex mt50 that are nice nice but a little heavy and bulky if I'm not really going to need them. I was thinking of bucking up a set of the space rain gear that would be much lighter and compact in my pack. Opinions are welcome.

That little bit of weight might be worth it. I like putting my rain gear on in morning when sitting and classing for a little extra warmth. Even if not raining I just use it for that extra layer

You could see a good amount of rain that time of year in the Bob, depending on location and weather. If you're going to be hiking, then you might get some lighter stuff. If on horseback, don't worry so much.

I would plan on there being snow. Not just rain. My thought is a lightweight raincoat that you can throw over a puffy if you are sitting, fleece if you are moving. If you are going in on horses, I wouldn't worry about weight and take something heavier because of the snow factor.

Okay I might just save my money for now and put it towards something else I might need for the trip.

Back