Quarters

338win

Had a game bag rip out the bottom and quarters fell into western dirt. My plan is to let them hang and get a crust then trim all the crud off at once. Anyone got any hacks to get the junk off the meat?

Had a game bag rip out the bottom and quarters fell into western dirt. My plan is to let them hang and get a crust then trim all the crud off at once. Anyone got any hacks to get the junk off the meat?
If you can get to a garden hose, I’d rinse it off and pat it as dry as possible with a towel.

I also had a thought of using duct tape wrapped around your hand and letting the adhesive grab the dirt. Never tried it though..

Nothing wrong with a clean water rinse if it's possible. Just as long as it's not warm outside or you can get it cooling quickly after

Your plan will work. I have done it before.

We have had people bring us quarters that were really dirty before. what you suggested is the best solution i have found. I've tried rinsing but once the dirt and rocks get embedded into that membrane it's tough to get out, so a light trim gets it all.

I worked in a beef packing plant when I was younger. If a quarter hit the floor- it was hung up and then trimmed, and then inspected by USDA on-site person. I think your plan makes good sense.

Clay Hayse (winner of Alone) Insta story had a short clip of a commercial product he demo'd on a skinned deer. It looked like a sheet of lint roller material, the sticky surface did seem to grab hair and grass/sticks. His demo did not make me want to run right out and buy some.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back