MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pse dna

lanetaxidermy

Just picked up my new PSE DNA bow on Saturday and I'm extremely impressed especially since I had to wait for 4 months to get it since I'm left handed. I put a QAD ultra drop away rest on and a AXT sight. I've been shooting nonstop since saturday and all is good. Except I tried shooting my 100 gr Thunderheads out of it and they are flying to the left by about 10 inches. I really don't want to goto mechanicals so any hints or suggestions would be appreciated

With my old PSE Carrea I could shoot my field points and my broadheads without moving my pins. I know the DNA is a lot faster than my old bow. Just would really like to not have to move my pins after I get them set.

10 inches is a lot. I'd try a Montec or Magnus Stinger.

If things don't change, your rest needs tuned to your broadheads.

Move your rest in small increments to the right until the broadheads group with field points. Broadheads to the left can also mean under spined for left handers.

Google bow tuning and you'll see the Easton guide that will help. If your arrow leaves the bow at an angle the blades will cause it to plane.

Not sure about the thunderheads but some broadheads have a larger surface area than others. A fast bow with a lot of surface area in the front will magnify tuning issues. Shuttle t's are an example of a low profile head.

Congrats on the new bow! PSE X-force shooter myself.

Last edited:
That's an awesome bow, an aggressive bow. With that, some things will no longer work. You just got it and have been shooting like crazy. Guarantee your cams are not perfectly timed now. With that, you are getting used to the bow and how it shoots. You need to repaper tune. You will also want to confirm your arrow spine and or head weight. With this done, line tune. Directions are online. Now you know your ready for broadheads and should not need a lot of adjustment from field to broadheads. Love thunderheads, speed bows generally don't. If you want to shoot them, you need to tune your arrows to ensure they spin true. If you fletch your arrows, try a tighter twist to get a bit more stability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back