Caribou Gear

Pronghorn rifle hunting late October

Big Shooter NT

I just joined the forum and am requesting suggestions for pronghorn rifle hunting in late October that provides highest odds for success. My bud and I are looking at Montana or Wyoming to hunt 10/22-10/27. Welcome any recommendations for self guided hunts. Thanks!

I got some less than a mile away from my house to shoot at LOL. But I would have to use a bow. Seriously, with a rifle and work on your shooting before season so you are comfortable with up to 300 yard shots you should do OK unless you are looking for trophy class bucks. Those ones will take a bit more work but can be had virtually anywhere on the Wyoming plains and rolling sagey hills and that.

I just joined the forum and am requesting suggestions for pronghorn rifle hunting in late October that provides highest odds for success. My bud and I are looking at Montana or Wyoming to hunt 10/22-10/27. Welcome any recommendations for self guided hunts. Thanks!
These posts usually start with "not looking for any honey holes"... ;)

Hello from Southern California.
As stated by others, figuring out where you can draw a tag with the points or lack of in your possess is first priority.
Secondly, go for the zone with the most public land. Nothing more frustrating than seeing game on land you cannot hunt.
Pro tip, always apply separately and not as a group. If one of you draws, you have a hunt on your hands and don’t risk an application screw up bringing you all down.
Good luck and prepare as if you wi

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back