Pre Rut

montanadogs

So I have been hearing rumors that there are a few people around the state hearing some pre rut bugling going on. More specifically in the South Fork of the Flathead and down in the Swan Valley area. Anyone else hearing anything or seeing any signs?

Do yall think wolves have a effect on them bugleing. Do they bugle less. Im not asking to start a wolf debate it just seems in the area we hunt since a few wolves moved in we hear less bugles.

Do yall think wolves have a effect on them bugleing. Do they bugle less. Im not asking to start a wolf debate it just seems in the area we hunt since a few wolves moved in we hear less bugles.

Absolutely! One area that I hunt that has a lot of wolves moved in, bugling is basically non-existent. I have had a lot of bulls come into a cow call, absolutely silent. I think the wolves definitely play a part in how much bugling goes on.

Absolutely! One area that I hunt that has a lot of wolves moved in, bugling is basically non-existent. I have had a lot of bulls come into a cow call, absolutely silent. I think the wolves definitely play a part in how much bugling goes on.

+1! I agree w/SWM 100%!

My experience has been that the Elk quiet down when they know wolves are in the area. Case in point. Three years ago there were a number of wolves in my hunting area and the Elk were extremely quiet. The wolves were eliminated by a local rancher that has cattle in the area and the past two years the Elk were extremely vocal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back