Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Prairie Dogs in June

Calif. Hunter

A group from my hunting and fishing club is going to Seligman, AZ the weekend of June 20-22 to shoot some prairie dogs. We'll be staying at the Caverns motel and hunting the 800,000 acre ranch across the road. I have shot lots of ground squirrels in California, but this will be my first "dogging" trip. I am looking forward to it and loading up a bunch of .223s and .22-250s. My 10-year old will be going with me, and it will be his first real hunting trip. :D

Don't forget pics of the adventure and some of the ballistic jelly you'll be producing... :)

have fun Cali.....dont forget the duct-tape. :D

If I wasn't expecting my second child during that time frame, I'd take you to a few good "Towns". It'll be nice and hot that's for sure. You'll have a good chance to see some stud pronghorn bucks. Maybe even a few nice bulls and bucks.......

I'm a little under two hours from Seligman. I don't have any of the towns GPS'd but I could give you general areas off of the map.

I'd love to hook up for dinner. It'd be a last minute thing though. My wife is due June 22, so a two hour trip maybe cutting it close. I'll PM you my contact numbers.

I will hook up with you guys one or 2 days,
p-dogs should do well this year due to all the rain over the last year, I noticed unit 9 has been getting better over the last 3 years.

I got spots from north of prescott valley to kingman up to unit nine. if boquirous ranch is open I know places up y the dry lake bed or red lake they call it something like that, its the back way to unit 9's west side just off the hill

Wait a minute! That is not legitimate info - I do NOT use duct tape to attach my scopes. String works better, is easier to remove and leaves no sticky residue. ;) Geez, give me some credit. woodja!

Wait a minute! That is not legitimate info - I do NOT use duct tape to attach my scopes.

Cali, dont make me show the pictures. :D

How much ammo should I plan on bringing? I have a .22 mag, a couple .223s, a .22-250 and .243 - so I can avoid getting one gun's barrel too hot. Naturally, the .223s will get shot the most, I think. I have between 200 and 300 rounds for the .223s, and about 100 each for the .22-250 and the .243. We will be shooting at least 2 days and maybe part of a third day.

Cali, did you know you can "scout" for dog towns with google earth?? Yup, they do show up in most areas that have the higher res pictures.

How much ammo should I plan on bringing? I have a .22 mag, a couple .223s, a .22-250 and .243 - so I can avoid getting one gun's barrel too hot. Naturally, the .223s will get shot the most, I think. I have between 200 and 300 rounds for the .223s, and about 100 each for the .22-250 and the .243. We will be shooting at least 2 days and maybe part of a third day.

Bring the 25 WBY...cheap ammo & cool barrel.;)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back