Practice?

the nikster

My wife and I went out for the first time today. I won't tell you how she did.
I got 3 for 3 kill shots at 20 and 30 yards. I stumbled at 40. I spent 6 shots tuning myself in then got 3 for 3 kill shots. At 50 yards I went 3 for 3 again. At 60 ( I never have even practiced here) I got 2 of 3 kill shots with the 3rd really close. I was starting to get lazy so that's all i shot, really happy with the results!!

Sounds like a good start to practice Nikster.

This might sound dumb to some, but I like to shoot kneeling, sitting, and standing. I've also found it helpful to help deal with the out of breath, shaking, etc by doing 20 pushups then shoot 4 arrows. Be sure to switch to broadheads a few weeks before season to make sure they are grouping well.

I've been hunting one particular bull the last two seasons, but I've been unable to locate the bugger this year. I'm beginning to fear he didn't clear last season/winter. I really want to find him alive and well in the next 3 weeks. If not, any raghorn will do. :)

Shooting while sitting will make a man out of you. You will cant your bow without watching your level.

I practice standing, kneeling up and kneeling on my haunches, but haven't tried sitting. I can see how it would be difficult drawing but don't really see where I'd use it over kneeling on my haunches. My knees are in rough shape though - it sounds like I stepped on two tinder sticks when I kneel and they pop - so I may give sitting a try. Hopefully, the neighbors don't end up with a stray arrow in their house.

Off to a good start...I practice just about every day from March to the opener. Reason being I have had a serious arm injury and cannot shot for an hr. or so at a time so I shoot 9-12 arrows a day...I try to make them the best ones I have ever shot and so far Im consistant to 50 yds. Thats what works for me...good luck to you and your wife.....:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back