Powder for 243

That's funny, I reload for my girlfriend's Savage .243. Reloader 19 and 95gr SST's get me 3/4 inch out of her rifle.
She shrugs her shoulders and tells me they are "just bullets". She doesn't understand the hours spent slaving away over a hot reloading press. Things we do for our women...

Haha! I always tell myself we all have our hobbies! She likes getting her nails done, I like reloading, we all have our vices

I have had equally good results using IMR4350 or RL19, RL19 works better for my 100grain Speer BTSP in my .243
Cheers
Richard

I started out using IMR4350, then H4350, now I use Superformance powder pushing a .243 Barnes 80gr TTSX. Performance from all 3 powders mentioned are fantastic, but get a bit more out of my loads with the Superformance.

IMR 4064 and Big Game have done really well loading for my son's .243.

IMR 4350+ Reloader 15, 16
I mostly use R15 with excellent results. I think R15 is a very versatile powder for all small to mid size cartridges.
My Remington .260 sure liked it too. Great in the 7mm-08 and .308 also..........

That's funny, I reload for my girlfriend's Savage .243. Reloader 19 and 95gr SST's get me 3/4 inch out of her rifle.
She shrugs her shoulders and tells me they are "just bullets". She doesn't understand the hours spent slaving away over a hot reloading press. Things we do for our women...
My wife was lucky. When she met me I had a good load for my Savage .243 already put together. It later came out that she has “some deer rifle” her dad bought her. Due to long distance we were rarely at her family’s house so it wasn’t until after we were married that I learned her childhood rifle was a tang-safety Ruger M77 6mm Remington.

Now I have to do load development for that rifle as last year she just used my .243 and this year I want her to use her rifle. I’m nostalgic about rifles and this 6mm should be hunted! Plus I’ve owned that little .243 for ten years and it’s always been in others hands as a loaner rifle. I wouldn’t mind being able to use it this year for myself!

I get excellent groups with the Berger 105 vld and 48 grains of retumbo powder.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back