pow black bear hunt

bullhead22

hello first time on oyo, sounds like my kind of people. i am heading to pow island in may for a self guided black bear hunt. we will be staying at the log cabin resort in Klawock. i hunted in the prince william sound on a boat based hunt 3 years ago, there was 3 of us and we all took nice bears and passed up several before shooting. we had an awesome time. does anyone know how the island compares to the prince william sound area as far as bear population goes. also wondering what the mosquito situation might be.
thanks in advance for any info i can get

Bear population is hurting on POW right now. They are taking steps to reduce harvest and get it back up to what it used to be. That being said, POW still has big bears, and the spring is the time to get them.

What were your skull sizes you scored in PWS?

Bear population is hurting on POW right now. They are taking steps to reduce harvest and get it back up to what it used to be. That being said, POW still has big bears, and the spring is the time to get them.

What were your skull sizes you scored in PWS?

i didnt measure them, but ill try to post some pictures

Attachments

• DSC00657.jpg
    DSC00657.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 636
Elkwhisper,

That bear is a toad.. Good job. The only place I've seen bears like that on a regular basis has been in May, above the treeline. The big ones are sure wising up to the beach hunting routine.

that is the middle bear the largest is quite a bit larger, for some reason it wont allow me to upload the other images. i am taking my son and 3 friends that have never been to alaska, i just hope they see some bears and have a great trip.

that is the middle bear the largest is quite a bit larger, for some reason it wont allow me to upload the other images. i am taking my son and 3 friends that have never been to alaska, i just hope they see some bears and have a great trip.

Are you saying the other bear is so big the computer won't take it??:):)

Oh, I have to believe the youngsters will have a great time.

It'll be a blast for you. Have fun, and shoot boars.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back