Possibilities bag

I dont mean to knock what you carry, and if you can demonstrate that you can use a tourniquet and quikclot properly. Then by all means take it if it makes you feel better. Most people dont know how to use those things and cause more harm then good. Frankly they are better off just getting out of the woods as fast as possible. Its more important to get help in those situations. If whatever wound you have is not going to kill you within the next 30seconds to 30 minutes, that inreach is far more important. Ive heard of people here in montana using freakin quikclot on a cut they got while skinning out an animal. It was a flesh wound. Unless you can use it like a squirt gun you dont need those things.
Yep. I carry those for bad bleeding where I can’t get out of the woods immediately.

We were three miles deep last fall when we stopped for lunch, my buddy said "shit, I left my possibles kit in my pack" Upon inspection I found an 8" frying pan, 20 or so AA and AAA batteries, and what appeared to be a kilo of coke turned out to be a gallon ziplock bag of non dairy creamer.

Thats Fantastic! Thats my kind of hunting partner right there. One that doesnt pack enough, The other packs nonsense. Makes for fun storys lol

This is the most overpacked area of my whole kit. Everything else is very minimal. I swear.

My kill kit lives in one half of my possibilities kit.

Medical kit is separate. For that I start with the Adventure Medical Sportsman 200 and add Quick Clot, a C Splint, inflatable CPR mask, Imodium and Diamox. I started including the latter after a super fit hunting partner got severe AMS randomly on a scouting trip about 15 years ago.

Possibilities:
8 Fire cubes
2 lighters
Signal mirror
8 Micropur tabs
3 AAA batteries
2 pairs of hand warmers
Toothbrush (half a travel brush)
Tiny toothpaste
Flosser (when I don’t forget it)
Tube of lotion (usually cocoa butter)
K Tape
2 hex keys for my bow

Kill kit: Tags, electrical tape, Hi viz ribbon, 3pr nitrile gloves, Gerber Gator Premium and Vital with extra blades (contractor bags, p cord live with the game bags)
Kill kit: Tags, electrical tape, Hi viz ribbon, 3pr nitrile gloves, Gerber Gator Premium and Vital with extra blades (contractor bags, p cord live with the game bags)

Last edited:
In addition to a lot of the things mentioned, a sewing needle and some dental floss, fishing line and a few flies.

My bag contains my first aid/survival kit, kill kit, licenses, back up snacks, and back up headlamp.

Back