Possibilities bag

Scott85

What goes in your possibilities bag? I am putting the meds I need daily, fire starter and lighter, gold bond powder, extra batteries, sol blanket, lens pen, tenacious tape, wipes. I keep electrical tape and duct tape on my trekking pole. Anything I’m missing?

I keep 6-10 of these tabs in my bino harness.

582C3BC1-57D0-429A-A8AD-3F91E6100CC6.jpeg

I keep 6-10 of these tabs in my bino harness.

View attachment 151676

These in a first aid kit and a sawyer squeeze or steripen depending upon the water bottles I'm running. Other things not explicitly menttioned: ultralight poop trowel, a blaze orange xl bandana, signal mirror (in my 1st aid kit), inreach, pen and half full rite in the rain memo pad.

electric tape on trek pole
lighter wrapped with duct tape
water tablets
matches and fire starter
Aleve
few select allen wrenches for bow
d-loop string
xtra chapstick
1 or 2 waterproof bandaids
piece of gauze
1.8mm dyneema - 50'

I mean at this point should I just bring a nurse with me in case i get owies? lol

Quickclot and a tourniquets? You guys if you need that in your pack at all times im questioning what you are hunting for. Elk/deer or terrorist Elk/deer? Is there a difference?

A way to make fire, and a way to get clean water, and shelter depending on where you are going (use your best judgement). Unless your in alaska or some other huge wilderness area, you can get out of dodge pretty easily. Also a buddy with an inreach cause I'm way to cheap.

If i broke my bow, I got a backup in the truck, ill walk to get the other bow thats still shooting perfect.

Now when I'm backpack in to a spot I use a kifaru stryker pack so I have a big bag inbetween on the load shelf that has all of my backpacking needs in there. That is somewhat extensive but we are just talking about an oh SH!& kit.

Now when I'm backpack in to a spot I use a kifaru stryker pack so I have a big bag inbetween on the load shelf that has all of my backpacking needs in there. That is somewhat extensive but we are just talking about an oh SH!& kit.

I'm assuming we're talking about backpacking in... but my misc. bag is pretty small, so I probably wouldn't bother to take it out for a day hunt.

I mean at this point should I just bring a nurse with me in case i get owies? lol

Quickclot and a tourniquets? You guys if you need that in your pack at all times im questioning what you are hunting for. Elk/deer or terrorist Elk/deer? Is there a difference?
Stop the bleed baby! https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed
I'd argue it has a larger impact on preventable death in the backcountry than any antibiotic or cpr certification a person carries, but to each their own.

Honestly its way less than some of the crap the combat medic buddy I hunt with takes, when your buddy starts brining airways and IV fluids its time to have a talk... :LOL:

Reactions: KB_
Stop the bleed baby! https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed
I'd argue it has a larger impact on preventable death in the backcountry than any antibiotic or cpr certification a person carries, but to each their own.

Honestly its way less than some of the crap the combat medic buddy I hunt with takes, when your buddy starts brining airways and IV fluids its time to have a talk... :LOL:

LOL now that is funny. Some people get way to high strung over camping with a weapon lol. I often wonder if im hunting wrong. Should I bring a sword and challenge the bulls to a duel?

I don’t plan on using my SOS button, bear spray, or pistol either but I still take them... I carry a CAT tourniquet and quicklot in my medical kit. Accidents with a bullet, broadhead, or knife happen.

I don’t plan on using my SOS button, bear spray, or pistol either but I still take them... I carry a CAT tourniquet and quicklot in my medical kit. Accidents with a bullet, broadhead, or knife happen.

I dont mean to knock what you carry, and if you can demonstrate that you can use a tourniquet and quikclot properly. Then by all means take it if it makes you feel better. Most people dont know how to use those things and cause more harm then good. Frankly they are better off just getting out of the woods as fast as possible. Its more important to get help in those situations. If whatever wound you have is not going to kill you within the next 30seconds to 30 minutes, that inreach is far more important. Ive heard of people here in montana using freakin quikclot on a cut they got while skinning out an animal. It was a flesh wound. Unless you can use it like a squirt gun you dont need those things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back