Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pintails

Amazing photos from CM! I'm seeing a TON of pintails, hooded mergansers, snow geese and the usual suspects up here by Great Falls. What is killing me is the lack of my ability to get close enough for a quality photo. They seem like spooky birds and give flight at the first sign of abnormal activity. Gave me another layer of respect for what Craig is able to do in addition to his amazing quality of photographs. Hats off to you man!

mtmiller, are you shooting over decoys, or do you have a hotspot wired for photography somehow? Those are amazing photos.

Thanks fellas. I did pull out some decoys on Sunday afternoon, but they weren't biting. I did get some good stuff on Sunday morning, but I just happened to be where the birds wanted to be.

Man I wish a guy could get a tag or something to shoot just one duck in the spring. I've shot lots of pintails but they always migrate out of ND before they ever have much of a tail on them.

May I ask what your setup is to take those amazing shots? Been wanting to get setup to be able to take some waterfowl pictures......thanks for any suggestions

Opening a mtmiller thread is even better than checking trail cams!!
Try to scroll through and not actually open your mouth...dare ya.

Awesome shots - love pintails, also.

miller never disappoints...

May I ask what your setup is to take those amazing shots? Been wanting to get setup to be able to take some waterfowl pictures......thanks for any suggestions

I try to find ducks the night before and return in the morning in the dark with best, hopefully, angle and light. I spent way too much money on glass, for a hobby, a couple years ago and most of the credit goes to that lens. Glass is Nikon 500 f4 and body is nothing amazing, D7200. I played with a d500 last month and wasn't that impressed with the body. Maybe just a bad copy. I am blessed to live in a target rich environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back