Pickup of the Future?

"Likewise, Rivian has slashed its production forecasts for 2022. It said in March that it expects to build 25,000 vehicles this year, down from the 50,000 it predicted in its initial public offering roadshow presentation last year. Wall Street will be looking for an update on production capacity when the company reports this week."

Hat 6 in Casper has a nice setup and I like schlotzsky's so that's an easy one if heading North. Another good one is in Wellington at the station right on the interstate.
The charger at Hat 6 is a Tesla Supercharger and currently only Teslas can charge on those. Tesla has alluded to opening up their network to non-Teslas, but I’ve not seen any real action towards that other than an occasional Tweet from Elon. I’m not familiar with Wellington.

The charger at Hat 6 is a Tesla Supercharger and currently only Teslas can charge on those. Tesla has alluded to opening up their network to non-Teslas, but I’ve not seen any real action towards that other than an occasional Tweet from Elon. I’m not familiar with Wellington.
Ahh interesting. It seems the Tesla owners have a big advantage.

Here is the info on the Wellington location. I think it's a good one for all makes.
8150 6th St, Wellington, CO 80549, USA
attach_money
Payment Required
Energy $0.25/kWh Station Parking $0.10/min
local_parking
Parking: Free
pull_in.svg
Pull in parking
stars
EV Parking, Dining, Grocery, Restrooms
access_time
Open 24/7
Plugs (2 Kinds)
More Details

CCS/SAE 4 Plugs 125 kW4 Stations

ChargePoint

CHAdeMO 4 Plugs 125 kW4 Stations

ChargePoint

Here is the info on the Wellington location. I think it's a good one for all makes.
8150 6th St, Wellington, CO 80549, USA
Ah, CO. CO has great coverage, both Tesla and non-Tesla. Tesla has decent coverage on major interstates in MT, WY and the Dakotas, but hardly any non-Tesla fast charging in those states. Definitely a competitive advantage for Tesla, and likely the reason they aren’t opening them up to other brands.

Ah, CO. CO has great coverage, both Tesla and non-Tesla. Tesla has decent coverage on major interstates in MT, WY and the Dakotas, but hardly any non-Tesla fast charging in those states. Definitely a competitive advantage for Tesla, and likely the reason they aren’t opening them up to other brands.
It's interesting looking at the map. I see where WY has some big gaps.

Based off the plug situation this is one of those where you scratch your head and wonder how many adapters you will need to carry.

Evanston could certainly use some! 😂
Maybe some dentists as well? Throw in a teeth whitening place next to Lulu and you'll have a parking lot full of Colorado plates.

Side question - Do people have to pay to charge their cars at these stations? Obviously I'm not an e-car owner.

I got this e-mail today. Had to laugh after looking at the maps.

Wherever you go, there we are
Planning a big trip? With the Ford F-150 Lightning™, you have coast-to-coast
access to the BlueOval™ Charge Network.

With over 70,000 chargers, it’s North America’s largest public charging network*.

I got this e-mail today. Had to laugh after looking at the maps.

Wherever you go, there we are
Planning a big trip? With the Ford F-150 Lightning™, you have coast-to-coast
access to the BlueOval™ Charge Network.

With over 70,000 chargers, it’s North America’s largest public charging network*.
I got it as well. Probably went to all Lightening reservation holders.

Side question - Do people have to pay to charge their cars at these stations? Obviously I'm not an e-car owner
Answer is “it depends”. The Electrify America chargers that are currently being built in WY do require payment. Generally you’re looking at about $25 to “fill the tank” and get you 300 miles or so. Some municipal governments and businesses offer free charging, but those tend to be slower chargers. Typically anything above 62.5 kW is going to require you to pay. And some below that require payment as well.

For Tesla’s supercharger network, it depends when the car was built. Prior to 2018, all supercharging is free. Later models require you to pay. I had a 2015 Tesla that I put 65k miles on and never once paid to charge it. I occasionally charged it at home, but not very often. Probably less than 2% of my charging was at home. I mostly charged at work where they had free chargers or at Suoerchargers when doing longer trips.

I got it as well. Probably went to all Lightening reservation holders.
Th funniest part was I looked at the Ford map for Laramie. They list 2 chargers. #1 is at the best western motel, #2 was at the GM auto center. LOL

Bragging about having the biggest charging network only to send your customers to the GM dealer to charge. Priceless

Ford should make it mandatory for dealers in locations like Laramie to have 1 charger for the EV's on the lot and for customers to use. That would help make it possible to travel in Wyoming and not cost all that much.

Th funniest part was I looked at the Ford map for Laramie. They list 2 chargers. #1 is at the best western motel, #2 was at the GM auto center. LOL

Bragging about having the biggest charging network only to send your customers to the GM dealer to charge. Priceless

Ford should make it mandatory for dealers in locations like Laramie to have 1 charger for the EV's on the lot and for customers to use. That would help make it possible to travel in Wyoming and not cost all that much.
The good news is that most of the chargers at car dealerships tend to be free and open to any make of vehicle to use. I’ve seen them at Harley dealerships as well (there’s one at the Harley dealer in Bozeman). Downside is they tend to be the slower chargers - either Level 2 9.6kW chargers or 50-62.5kW DC fast chargers. Charging a Rivian or Lightening on those will take quite awhile.

For comparison, the new Electrify America chargers are 350kW

The good news is that most of the chargers at car dealerships tend to be free and open to any make of vehicle to use. I’ve seen them at Harley dealerships as well (there’s one at the Harley dealer in Bozeman). Downside is they tend to be the slower chargers - either Level 2 9.6kW chargers or 50-62.5kW DC fast chargers. Charging a Rivian or Lightening on those will take quite awhile.

For comparison, the new Electrify America chargers are 350kW
That is nice. Sounds like the EA chargers are going to be much more powerful. WY needs to get those up and running ASAP.

It's going to be interesting to see what business model takes advantage of this most effectively.

I can see a wide variety of places from coffee shops, fast food, restaurants, retailers like walmart or dollar general, grocery, etc getting involved. Anywhere that people typically spend 20-30 minutes and spend $ will be an opportunity.

That is nice. Sounds like the EA chargers are going to be much more powerful. WY needs to get those up and running ASAP.

It's going to be interesting to see what business model takes advantage of this most effectively.

I can see a wide variety of places from coffee shops, fast food, restaurants, retailers like walmart or dollar general, grocery, etc getting involved. Anywhere that people typically spend 20-30 minutes and spend $ will be an opportunity.
Lots of EA chargers are in Walmart parking lots. The WY ones will be in grocery (all Kroger brand IIRC) and Target parking lots. Execs of those companies seem to agree with your thinking! 😉

Ford is selling more shares. Maybe with all the chip shortages, Ford is going into self preservation mode?

Must need the cash. Not a great time to be selling based on where the stock price is. I think it’s a buy below $25. I passed on the IPO at $77.

Must need the cash. Not a great time to be selling based on where the stock price is. I think it’s a buy below $25. I passed on the IPO at $77.
Last night the news was Ford has jumped into the slow ev lead.
Claims of $44k base price has me wondering, is this real?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back