Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pheasant Game Farms

I was curious on peoples opinion on this.

For me good pheasant hunting is about 200-300 miles away and I do make the drive and spend 3-4 days once or twice a year to chase them. Pheasant game farms was a place for me to train my dog and get her on birds (and I got to brush up on my shooting too). However as of late I have a concern that these places aren't great for hunting/hunters image. On one hand pheasants are an invasive species/non native, on the other hand they have become a Midwest staple and have done huge amounts for habitat and as far as I am aware don't harm the environment that they are placed in. I'm curious on how sportsman should treat pheasant game farms? If you look at them at their most basic forms they are a canned hunt and its pay to play, however used as a training tool it helps produce fantastic bird dogs that help find birds you would otherwise lose. That's where I struggle on this issue. Its bad in the fact that is a canned hunt, but its good in the fact that it makes a better dog which is one of the best conservation tools a bird hunter has.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ss8
Back