Pear salad

howl

Speaking of things that should never be combined with a glop of mayonnaise, pear salad is a delicacy in some parts of the South. NW GA is a hotbed for this bit of hillbilly hell. Pear salad is a canned pear half, a glop of mayo, covered with shredded cellulose dusted cheddar and topped with a maraschino from a jar. It is not a salad nor should it be considered edible. You find trays of the stuff at picnics, potlucks and even buffets.

Pear-Salad-e1513131289581.jpg

Delicacy, btw, doesn't mean something is good. Delicacy means they only started eating it there because that's what they had to eat so they found a way to prepare it. We can guess there was nothing else in memaw's house and she was running late when this thing spawned.

hell yeah i'd eat that shit.

similar to this pear "salad" of the south - as i've found myself in the midwest several times in the last few years, i've really gotten quite a kick out of all the things they call salads out there. like "hey, do you want some salad? i'll serve you up, it's this bowl of shredded cheese, mayonnaise, and canned olives"

Speaking of things that should never be combined with a glop of mayonnaise, pear salad is a delicacy in some parts of the South. NW GA is a hotbed for this bit of hillbilly hell. Pear salad is a canned pear half, a glop of mayo, covered with shredded cellulose dusted cheddar and topped with a maraschino from a jar. It is not a salad nor should it be considered edible. You find trays of the stuff at picnics, potlucks and even buffets.

Pear-Salad-e1513131289581.jpg
Whatever idiot took that picture didn't put it on the bed of romaine leaves. Clearly a salad.

Oddly enough, I remembered this salad last week, made it, and promptly decided Id never eat it again.

Good stuff...It's not a pear salad if you don't use Dukes, the only mayonnaise. Miracal whip isn't even mayo....does is say Miracal whip mayo on the jar? I don't think so....

Some people don't eat blow toads...fine we me more chicken of the sea for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back