MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Parking Lot Mushrooms

You bet! (I figured the morels were the items of interest, so didn’t include the rest of the info last night.)

For the elk/morel portion, my daughter helped me pound flat the last of my 2019 cow with a mallet until it was about 1/4” thick. Then we rubbed it with salt, pepper, and flour. I cooked that in hot butter for about a minute and a half on each side.

View attachment 182711

The morels I just sliced into big chunks and also cooked with butter, salt, and pepper.

View attachment 182713

The pasta is my daughter’s favorite meal: Italian sausage, garlic, bell & poblano peppers, asparagus, and spinach over rotini. Usually with a goodly portion of Parmesan and red pepper flakes. I cook the sausage up first, then set aside (elk sausage is best but that’s been gone from my house for months.) In the same pan, I cook the onion and peppers pretty hot with some olive oil. When those start to get a little brown on the edges, I added the asparagus, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook for another 8 minutes or so while the pasta boils. I like my pasta pretty al dente. Right before the pasta is finished cooking I throw the spinach in with the veggies, as well as the sausage. Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain, then I toss the whole concoction together.
Thank you, sounds delicious!

Wash them and eat away. My only suggestion. Anything they were exposed to other than possible pesticides which I doubt this time of the year would wash off.

Back