PEAX Equipment

Paranoia runs deep

I gotta hand it to shacknasty....creates troller account almost 2.5 years ago and refrains from posting one single thing until now. Talk about thinking ahead...dude must have a whole stack of burners! 👌
What if shacknasty and bill christy were the same dude?!?!?!

Just figured while it’s the off season, might as well throw out some crazy theories too… seems fitting

As I understand it, there are some extremely paranoid people out there demonizing me for whatever reasons I don't understand. At my advanced age, I've learned to remain quiet when the youngsters imaginations run wild. All I wanted is to share information with knowledgable people. Instead, I've found a chatroom filled with children afraid of the dark.
Perhaps if you shared some tales from your many years as a Park Ranger and Law Enforcement Officer you'd get a better response.

Now that I'm a senior citizen big game hunter, to look at me, youngsters see only an old man with aging aches and pains. I've been a big game hunter since age 21 while I was overseas serving in the military. As a Park Ranger, I worked a lot with F&G officers in wildlife areas. I've been charged by bears on more occasions than I care to remember. Being a boating officer was a part of my job. I once received the NM life saving award for saving boaters lives in a horrific storm when lives should have been lost. Later, when I was a Corrections Officer in a men's prison, I dealt with unimaginable situations with some of the most notorious criminals ever seen in the news. Since retirement, I hunt big game for the peace and enjoyment of it all. I enjoy fellowship with mature hunters as we swap information and stories. However, they are becoming harder to find.

Now that I'm a senior citizen big game hunter, to look at me, youngsters see only an old man with aging aches and pains. I've been a big game hunter since age 21 while I was overseas serving in the military. As a Park Ranger, I worked a lot with F&G officers in wildlife areas. I've been charged by bears on more occasions than I care to remember. Being a boating officer was a part of my job. I once received the NM life saving award for saving boaters lives in a horrific storm when lives should have been lost. Later, when I was a Corrections Officer in a men's prison, I dealt with unimaginable situations with some of the most notorious criminals ever seen in the news. Since retirement, I hunt big game for the peace and enjoyment of it all. I enjoy fellowship with mature hunters as we swap information and stories. However, they are becoming harder to find.
Now that’s a good post! Welcome to HT.

There are a lot of us old farts on this site. So, share a story or two but share them in a manner that you might do it with a lifelong friend. Not as a professor on the first day of class. Posting unsolicited hunting advice to a bunch of seasoned hunters, written in a style that appears to be an early prototype version of ChatGPT just gets everyone wondering what the hell is going on here and opens the door to a bunch of kidding around.

There are a lot of us old farts on this site. So, share a story or two but share them in a manner that you might do it with a lifelong friend. Not as a professor on the first day of class. Posting unsolicited hunting advice to a bunch of seasoned hunters, written in a style that appears to be an early prototype version of ChatGPT just gets everyone wondering what the hell is going on here and opens the door to a bunch of kidding around.
“Kidding around”? The lynch mob was out for blood. @Bill Christy is a newer member and embarrassingly some of you were going bananas over his posts.

How about acting with respect for others? At the end of the day, how did his post negatively affect any of your daily life? Yet I would ask how the behavior showed an unwelcoming community.

“Kidding around”? The lynch mob was out for blood. @Bill Christy is a newer member and embarrassingly some of you were going bananas over his posts.

How about acting with respect for others? At the end of the day, how did his post negatively affect any of your daily life? Yet I would ask how the behavior showed an unwelcoming community.
I don't think too many were out for blood. Bots don't have blood or feelings, and folks were getting more and more convinced that Bill Christy was indeed a Bot. At first, I figured he was a person with a very strange writing style but when he would not respond to the question of whether or not he was a Bot, not even in a thread created to find the answer to that question, I started thinking ... BOT.

If you can't make fun of a Bot, who can you make fun of?

I don't think too many were out for blood. Bots don't have blood or feelings, and folks were getting more and more convinced that Bill Christy was indeed a Bot. At first, I figured he was a person with a very strange writing style but when he would not respond to the question of whether or not he was a Bot, not even in a thread created to find the answer to that question, I started thinking ... BOT.

If you can't make fun of a Bot, who can you make fun of?
And now you know that he’s not a bot, so do you wonder how he might’ve felt to be ganged up on while you all thought that he was?

This is @Big Fin site that he created to bring people together in the hunting community. If he’s not worried about things, we shouldn’t be worried about things. Yet, I can’t even imagine how many unnecessary things he has to deal with on this site because people act like children.

@gouch I get where you’re coming from (and not suggesting it was you) but cyber bullying is real and unacceptable. No matter one’s age.

I hope @Bill Christy is getting a lot of PM’s apologies right now to show him that were better than that as a community on Hunt Talk.

@Bill Christy sorry for pilin on ya!

HT is a really friendly and welcoming enviroment 😅.

I'll mail you some of my favorite freeze dried meals to try for your upcoming trip.

P.s. bots dont have addresses. Easy to prove youre real then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back