Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pa bear

mixedbag

Had 23 guys for drives yesterday for our bear opener.I smashed a bear on the 1st drive at 20 yards.Unfortunately he made it to another stander who hit him again and claimed it;both chest shots.Toughest hunt of my entire season every year.We all join in on the success though as its a true group effort with our 4 day season of no bait or dogs allowed.Nothing like belly crawling thru the thickest stuff you can imagine for 1/2 mile at a time driving bears out of their beds to standers.who's in for next year,lol.We do kill the biggest black bears on the planet here though consistantly.Anyone who thinks driving isn't fair chase has never experienced a pa bear hunt.We'll be trying again for more on Monday;no Sunday hunting here either

Thats awesome.What county did you hunt in??What was the size of your bear?Ours dressed 187 with estimated live weight of 230.had a super nice coat also

We hunt Tioga. Ours was 147 dressed (I believe), and 175 live. It was a young boar, but I was surprised at how big of a head and feet he had on him. It also had a great coat on it!

It seems as if the kill was low yesterday! A lot of normally successful crews didn't even bump a bear. We killed on our fourth drive of the day with a ten yard shot.

are you guys shooting slugs or rifles?

bring your guys to Snow Mountain in Lake county, CA next year. might measure up to PA brush....only warmer.

We use rifles predominantly, but some guys carry shotguns with slugs. The rifles vary greatly from lever guns to new bolt actions and calibers range from .264 to .444.

Hey guys we hunter bear as well, no luck for us. Keep me in mind for next year if you need and extra guy, our groups seem to get smaller every year. Good luck the rest of the season.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cityslicker
Back