Caribou Gear Tarp

OYOA Goes to ND for Mule Deer

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I am on the road this morning, heading to Western North Dakota. I will meet up with Buschy and see if we can arrow one of those nice mule deer bucks he has been posting pictures of.

Been on the road for three and a half hours and so far have went 145 miles. Lovely roads in this blizzard. And some of the dumbest drivers I have seen in a while. Hope to get to Medora before midnight.

Just stopped to get gas, and lacking any bumper stickers, thought I would created my own.

More to follow,

Attachments

• IMG_4911.JPG
    IMG_4911.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 847
Sounds like a good time. Good luck and travel safe. Hope to see some great pictures after the hunt.

BF,

I am getting ready to head out soon.

I just spoke to Khunter and Dinkshooter and they were on a really nice buck this morning that was rutting with about six does. They didn't close the deal, but were close! Drive safe.

My buddy just texted me and said he arrowed a solid 140" deer over there on Sunday.... Should be a good time. Maybe I'll have to figure out a way to swing out east for a little late season action :)

Good luck Big Fin and Buschy! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics. I love hunting the badlands. The rut should be going strong so the big boys will be on their feet:D Drive safe.

Drive safe and good luck, hope to see you get a great buck!

I know you had to drive right past Columbus. You need to stop and say hi the next time you do. I will give you a tour of the plant and buy you your drink of choice.
Steve

Well, made it here. By the time I got to Miles City, I thought I had made a wrong turn and ended up in Phoenix, Finally, the roads were clear. 30F and a 30+mph wind, but at least their was no ice and I could make up for lost time. Lost my bumper sticker by the time I got to Glendive. Must have been the tropical heat that melted it, or maybe the rocking and bouncing of this wonderful interstate system we have in MT.

Not sure what happened to Buschy. Think he must have tired of the waiting and went scouting. Hopefully he found a big one. Or, maybe he realized the futility of trying to film spot and stalk mule deer, in December and he found a better use of his time.

Been practicing my archery shooting, and I think I am now comfortable to 20 yards. Anything beyond that, and Buschy is the trigger man.

We will be out and after them tomorrow. Hoping to bump into Dinkshooter and company. Maybe they saved a few for us.

Will try to make updates from the field, if I get coverage out here in the hinterlands.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back