Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Original Silvertips

mtmuley

I know a guy that loves to use these in a .308 Norma. Anybody have any of any weight? Or, know where some might be? Thanks, mtmuley

I'd look in other 30s besides 308. He could always pull the bullets and reload. I've got a box of 06s but they're part of my ammo collection

I'd look in other 30s besides 308. He could always pull the bullets and reload. I've got a box of 06s but they're part of my ammo collection
He does. Has found some over the years. He likes the bullet, I'd just move on. mtmuley

Shooters Pro Shop sells the Ballistic Silver Tips. Subject to availability, of course

Never heard of these before. Are they legit silver at the end of the bullet? We're they made for hunting vampire?

Aluminum I think. I shot 180s out of my 308 back in the early 90s. They worked great, but I haven’t seen them in a long time.

Anyone remember the Remington bronze points?

Oh, and I believe I have 2 boxes of 220 grain silver tip 300 win mag ammo.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLS
Not the same bullet. The original Winchester Silvertip had a metallic cap on the tip of the bullet. The Ballistic Silvertip is a completely different projectile.

Not the same bullet. The original Winchester Silvertip had a metallic cap on the tip of the bullet. The Ballistic Silvertip is a completely different projectile.

I remember having a Win .348 silvertip. IIRC it had blunt silvery tip about a quarter inch thick, kinda trapeziodal in shape.

I have one 250 Grain 35 Caliber flat base sitting lonely on the book case behind my loading bench. It came in a pawn shop grab bag.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back