PEAX Equipment

Oops!

Elkwhisper

So the permits have been drawn and somehow my wife did not end up with the special mule deer buck permit I thought I had put her in for....... This is in an area where they barely give out half the tags some year, so it is pretty much a sure thing. Her results don't show that it was unsuccessful either.... I guess I must have messed up her application and she didn't get applied for it.

So my questions is, since they will almost certainly not give out all of the available permits in the drawing, can she buy one after the fact? I know they give out leftover antelope and cow elk tags at some point, but I am not sure they do that with deer permits.

Anyone know for sure how that works and when they become available?

Elkwhisper

I've heard in August Montana FWP sells surplus tags on a first come first serve basis...but I don't know how it works. I'd be interested as well if anyone knows

If you're talking about the district I think you are, I didn't draw it as a second choice, so there won't be any surpluses this year. In past years when there have been surpluses they've been available until gone as I've picked them up as late as Nov.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back