Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

OnXMaps questions

teej89

Alright guys so I just purchased my first Onxmap, it's for Wyoming and it's the PC version. I open up basecamp after downloading it and go to the maps tab and select WY_PLAT4GPS and the BLM and state land colors populate. Again I'm a complete ROOKIE at this.... how can I get this information overlayed on say an aerial view. Also how can I get this overlayed on a topo or a view w/ county roads ? Or is this even possible?

I found the birds eye view but that looks like I have to buy that? Or am I supposed to be using this concurrently with google earth, I feel that may be it. I saw the google earth option under the "view" tab. If I download google earth will this solve my issues?

Also... whats the "buy unlock codes" do? We were planning on buying the wyoming chip for my dads garmin but is this a way to transfer the information to his GPS w/o buying the chip?

Thanks guys!
T.J.

T.J. -

Call up their customer service. They have a great group of people who can help you out. They also offer several "how to" videos on their website and You Tube page. Super easy once they walk you through it while you are on your computer.

T.J. -

Call up their customer service. They have a great group of people who can help you out. They also offer several "how to" videos on their website and You Tube page. Super easy once they walk you through it while you are on your computer.

I was looking for that and couldn't find it... just saw where you could post questions to them so I did that. I was looking here http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/contact

I'm wondering if I have to purchase the OnXViewer in addition to the Hunt Wyoming for Basecamp, or if I should have bought the Hunt Wyoming for Garmin. I'm all sorts of confused lol I'm going to call that number for their sales and see if I can get transferred.

Edit: Customer service already got back to me, <60min after I put in my question and they want me to call them to walk me thru the process. That was quick!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back