OnX maps on your video display in Truck

It was a bit buggy when it first came out and onx was in online mode. Working OK now it seems. I haven't tested it fully as I just got the iphone to Ford sync 3 wireless hooked up.

Samsung Tab A. No service to it, but gps works.
I also use a Samsung Tab A with GPS. Confirming that no cell service is needed. My OnX account syncs my computer, I-phone and tablet flawlessly. Download a bunch of off-line maps onto the tablet and you are golden. No cell service? No problem!

For those with non-nav screens in their rig.

I purchased an iPad mini last year. It worked great. Fits in the inside pocket of my bino harness. On x runs well.

I have on the table the mount for my truck that if/when it gets nice I will add. Plan to add a backup camera to the iPad to reduce apologize during camper connecting.

Alternative for navscreen impaired.

Is the Android Auto version still "coming soon" or is there a way to get it set up now? It's not popping up in my truck with the other compatible apps. I have the hunt version, not the offroad or backcountry. I read some offroading forums where they use it in their trucks, I'm wondering if the hunt version is still cooking.

Full disclosure, Android auto, Samsung, and Ram trucks are all still super glitchy together. Based on what I read, they all point the fingers at each other. Whatever is going on, they are selling a lot of iphones!

Is the Android Auto version still "coming soon" or is there a way to get it set up now? It's not popping up in my truck with the other compatible apps. I have the hunt version, not the offroad or backcountry. I read some offroading forums where they use it in their trucks, I'm wondering if the hunt version is still cooking.

Full disclosure, Android auto, Samsung, and Ram trucks are all still super glitchy together. Based on what I read, they all point the fingers at each other. Whatever is going on, they are selling a lot of iphones!
I am waiting also

Our goal is to have it ready by the time that most states open their hunting seasons in September.

It was a bit buggy when it first came out and onx was in online mode. Working OK now it seems. I haven't tested it fully as I just got the iphone to Ford sync 3 wireless hooked up.

I tried it scouting a few weeks ago in CO, worked great. Very happy with this feature. I can throw away my ugly cupholder phone holder thing.

FWIW, I spoke w/ GoHunt and they are working hard on kicking out the same compatibility for android auto and apple carplay.

I am also still waiting on OnX hunt to have android auto compatibility...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back