Onx map for Utah General Any Bull units?

Roughwater

I could use a little help here. I'm new to onx maps. Previously used the Hunt chip for another state but am trying the OnX Chip and computer maps for Utah. Am trying to research the Elk any bull general units since that is the Permit I have. However, my computer onx map of Utah is more of a map of the limited units so units such as San Juan monezuma, and others are not outlined on the computer map. Is there a onx computer map that outlines these units and if so how do I load it?
This is a quick Edit but I am aware of the Utah DOW maps which are OK but not real detailed in some ways so would prefer to use onx if possible.

Thanks in advance

In OnX you can change the Sub layers on the WMUs.

In the web app, Have your UT layers expanded.

Under UT WMUs click Layer Settings

Under Sublayers select the desired unit layer type. The only bummer is they don't include antlerless units.

Utah has a hunt planner map app on their website that allows you to narrow down units based on your hunt criteria. Once you narrow down the units you can hunt you can refer to OnX.

Utah has a hunt planner map app on their website that allows you to narrow down units based on your hunt criteria. Once you narrow down the units you can hunt you can refer to OnX.

I totally agree with you there, the huntplanner maps are great maps for that purpose as you can quickly rule out units you would not hunt but I've done that already so am researching further, units I think may have some potential. In the end I want to have at least 2 units I feel good about just in case of a fire or something that might eliminate my first pick at the last minute. Also I want to have multiple areas within my 2 favorite units so I don't have to be researching during the hunt.

I totally agree with you there, the huntplanner maps are great maps for that purpose as you can quickly rule out units you would not hunt but I've done that already so am researching further, units I think may have some potential. In the end I want to have at least 2 units I feel good about just in case of a fire or something that might eliminate my first pick at the last minute. Also I want to have multiple areas within my 2 favorite units so I don't have to be researching during the hunt.

In OnX you can change the Sub layers on the WMUs.

In the web app, Have your UT layers expanded.

Under UT WMUs click Layer Settings

Under Sublayers select the desired unit layer type. The only bummer is they don't include antlerless units.

Thanks, did what you said and it worked perfect! It was set for deer so I set it for Elk so now I'm good on that issue. I was impressed with how many hunt options there were in the sublayer. Yea, I have the one of the antlerless tags as well as the bull so I may half to pen in the boundaries of the antlerless part of the unit if possible since there was no option for that.

Thanks, did what you said and it worked perfect! It was set for deer so I set it for Elk so now I'm good on that issue. I was impressed with how many hunt options there were in the sublayer. Yea, I have the one of the antlerless tags as well as the bull so I may half to pen in the boundaries of the antlerless part of the unit if possible since there was no option for that.

You can get a KML/KMZ from the UT hunt planner site (forgot the steps off the top of my head) for your antlerless zone and then import that into OnX.

Edit: Found it: find your hunt on the hunt planner, click on the hunt or unit on the map so it brings up the description. Then in the upper right-hand corner of the hunt description click on the button that has 3 horizontal lines in it, in that menu there is an option to download the KML.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back