Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

One year ago today -

Calif. Hunter

100_5060.jpg

100_5070.jpg

I envy all you guys going this year!

Damn nice Impala!!! Nice bosses on Blue!!!
Leave in 28 days! More of vacation than hunt but I will spend 4 or 5 days chasing Cape Bushbuck and East Cape Kudu. Rest of time will be with friends in NP that spreads over SA, Nam and Bots, taking teenagers waterfowl and pigeon hunting and letting the boys cull some Springbok and Kudu.

Here's my red hartebeest - really ugly animals, IMHO! But my PH said he was a really good one, so I pulled the trigger. :D

100_5044.jpg

This is a decent kudu at a waterhole...

100_5122.jpg

I'm not much of a stand hunter, prefering to spot and stalk game, because I get bored and antsy sitting in a stand too long. In Africa, though, I have to say that it was a pleasant experience. The amount and variety of wildlife coming to the waterholes keeps it entertaining. Even the non-game animals, being unusual to me, were fascinating. Usually not more than 5 or 10 minutes went by without some animal or herd of animals coming in.

100_5101.jpg

No, the one I shot was a male and much bigger. I never did shoot anything at that pond, though now I think maybe I should have shot that kudu in the upper picture. I had shot a smaller one earlier.

Your PH was right! That is a very good Red Hartebeest. I actually like them! Have Cokes and Litchinsteins to go with my Red. Were you hunting Namibia?
Never sat at a water hole except killing time with a camera. Still got my heart thumping watching all the different animals come in.

I guess I'll post some more pictures -

100_5067.jpg

100_5052.jpg

Jorge on his way out just after sunrise - mornings are cold! Jorge is over there right now - I wish I was with him. He made a 2-week trip this year.

100_5025.jpg

I like my waterbuck! Mounts are supposed to be in my hands next week!

100_5012.jpg

Hanou, Jorge and Moe in the lodge at Landelani

100_5005.jpg

Awesome pictures, between you and Moosie......I am gonna have to break it to the wife that Africa is in the 5 year plan.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back