PEAX Equipment

ONE RMB Utah Sportsman Tag - Yatzee!

UT Hutnful

I just found out I drew the ONE 2014 sportsman's tag for Rocky Mtn Bighorn in Utah. There is no bonus or preference point system for this tag and it allows me to hunt any unit with an extended season and yes, I'm still walking on air. I was up on the mountain hunting elk when we stopped for lunch on the one place I can get service to check email and check in. Me and my friends were ecstatic at the results. I'm starting the homework process and would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations on Utah RMBHS.

This hunt will be totally DIY, public land, using a muzzleloader and hard work so please no solicitation on long range weapons and/or outfitters.

Congrats, a hunt of a lifetime.

I don't think you will have to worry about those solicitations on this forum. You may end up with those who would want to tag along and help just for the experience few ever get but that would be it.

What part of the state do you live? There's a small, isolated mtn range in the NW corner that had sheep transplanted there. IIRC they only give out one tag for there and they were transplanted long enough ago some should be getting some size/age on them.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I live in Northern Utah just outside of Ogden... I understand we have 4 California BH herds in the north and in the southeast we have a couple of herds of True RMBH's.

Yep, the Mtn Range I was referring to are Calif. BHS. The range is west of Ogden and just north of the Salt Lake.

I'd be on the rattlesnake unit, bookcliffs..Raft the green river thru there and check it out, with that tag your good to go on either side, rattlesnake or nine mile. I wouldnt even step foot on the Newfoundlands,no offence to pointer of course.

Im still learning about the lottery system out west. Are there states you can hunt a big horn with better draw odds?

I'd be on the rattlesnake unit, bookcliffs..Raft the green river thru there and check it out, with that tag your good to go on either side, rattlesnake or nine mile. I wouldnt even step foot on the Newfoundlands,no offence to pointer of course.
Thanks for giving away my honey hole! ;) :D I too would opt for your suggestions. Much, much prettier country and more of a true sheep hunt. That said, I've saw two very nice rams on the Newfies about 2004...

I always wanted to hunt chukar on the Newfies. Saw LOTS of them there the few times I was there for work.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back