NEW SITKA Ambient 75

One last ditch effort today

drahthaar

Found where some moose have been wintering near my house. Thought I might go try to call a wolf. Took the boy on a death march in some deep snow. What a trooper! Snow was so rotten, the snow shoes were almost more of a problem, sinking in so dang far and lifting heavy slush up to take another step. The kid never spilled one word of complaining. I was seriously impressed. Dad was about ready to pass out busting trail.:)

All I got was a couple pictures.

Well, how did it end? Did he shoot a wolf with that boom stick? I would guess that it ended with another great memory of father and son enjoying the outdoors. Win!

Great pics! I wish I had anything even 1/10th that fun/cool to do within a short drive of my house.

Cool pictures, that does look like a mess to get around in.

I couldn't get out yesterday but made a last ditch effort on Friday with similar results, although I did find my freshest kill of the season. This season was the first since they've started that I didn't have a sighting, hard to stay motivated on those buggers.

Well, how did it end? Did he shoot a wolf with that boom stick? I would guess that it ended with another great memory of father and son enjoying the outdoors. Win!

Oh yeah, he kept shooting them, then needing a better stick. He kept asking where the wolves were.

I said, "Cope, your dad is the only hunter in the flathead that doesn't see at least 5 wolves every time he goes in the woods." He surely didn't get my sarcastic remark, but he just wants me to blast one, with him there watching.

The best part was the grin on his face when he poured all the water out of his boots back at the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back