Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

On our own in Western Wa.

brewknife

Being on our own in this area can be a fairly dangerous game. I know the T.V. shows display a tempting green playground, but public land on this side of the Cascades is scarce. We have a plethora of road hunters that don't mind cruising right through your hunting area in hopes of spotting that bull or buck before you. Private land draws from timber companies aren't a guarantee either. My advice? Carry a GPS, find the most off the road area you can, and stay there until "Bubba Noneck" runs them in to ya!:hump:

That's probably the best advice you can give on a hunt area like that.

By the way, welcome aboard.

Thanks. Ever since MSN cancelled out groups I've been looking for a good site. This one by far exceeds what I had before. I gave up on the highway 7 corridor through Elbe and Ashford up here. Too much target shooters and road hunters to be safe. Almost got shot twice last year, so I'm now looking for safer ground. I'm on a fixed income, so I can't travel far, so I'm going to try Randal area this year.

Brewknife, yeah we have the same problem down here in Raymond with the road hunters Ive scouted out over the last few years gated roads on weyco land that are open to the public and have noticed once you get a few hundred yards back up one of these there are a lot less hunters. I hunt the muzzleloader seasons and run into a few good hunters less road hutners. My son Ive been taking rifle hunting and this year he is muzzleloading with us. Better experience. Good luck this season

Last edited:
Thanks. Ever since MSN cancelled out groups I've been looking for a good site. This one by far exceeds what I had before. I gave up on the highway 7 corridor through Elbe and Ashford up here. Too much target shooters and road hunters to be safe. Almost got shot twice last year, so I'm now looking for safer ground. I'm on a fixed income, so I can't travel far, so I'm going to try Randal area this year.

Or the guys that set up camp 75-100 yards away from you and decide they need to play with their pistols after they had had a couple of brewskies.

I try and get as far away from other people as i can. Ill be hunting the 520 winston for elk.bow hunting is awsome because you get to hunt the rutt. I havent heard any elk bugle yet but im hopeing that come the 7th the will be talking. good luck to everyone. shoot straight and have a great time......................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back