Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ol’ Smokey: deodorizing an old gun?

The ozone generators I've tested were UV lamps with a fan in a neat-o housing.

I've used the Teak oil on a few stocks. It's a nice satin finish.
Exactly what I want. Not a fan of glossy stocks, it makes the scuffs and scratches stick out too much, and I expect to give this gun plenty of new scuffs and scratches.

While I agree they look slick, I’d have to change the lever, too, if I did that. I’ve never owned a straight stock to speak to how they feel to me when shooting, but this one’s pretty comfy as is so I think I’ll keep it.
Forgot about the lever part. Probably not worth it then. Maybe send the stock and forearm to someone who could ozonize it for you.

Nothing has taken care of smoke for me better than ozone. I have a couple generators I use for hunting gear. However, I bought a used truck from a smoker at a deal because it smelled awful. I was about ready to replace the seat covers when I decided to give ozone a try. Worked amazing. Since then I use it on anything that stinks. Even deodorized a refrigerator that had some stuff rot in it.

I don’t think there’s anything rubber on that gun so it should be fine for an ozone treatment.
^^^ this is the way.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back